Second form linked with button - data entered not visible in form (1 Viewer)

HGCanada

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:52
I have a main form that is really crowded (and already has 4 continuous subforms pointing to separate tables). I need to enter test score data on a second form (not a sub-form - all the data on it come from the primary data table - there's just no room on the main form). I linked it to the main form via a button, with the "open the form and find specific data to display" option. Basically, I just want to be able to click on the button from one person's record, and then enter about 30 fields into the test scores form for that person. I'm just testing it out at this point.

The button works OK in that it opens the test scores form pre-populated with the correct person's ID. However, sometimes, the data that I enter into this second form don't seem to stick. If the stars don't align, then the data don't seem to be visible through the test scores form the next time I navigate there. So, I enter the data again, then go to the table and find that I have 2 separate records with these same test score data - I just can't seem to see them on the second form once I navigate away from it. Why is this happening?

essaytee

Need a good one-liner.
Local time
Today, 10:52
Check if the second form you're opening is not 'data entry' only.

HGCanada

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks essaytee. I checked the form properties, and it's set to data entry - no. So, I just looked that up, and it seems that's what I want, right?

HGCanada

Registered User.
Local time
And of course, now I re-tested it and it works perfectly. Of course... :rolleyes:

essaytee

Need a good one-liner.
Local time
Today, 10:52
Thanks essaytee. I checked the form properties, and it's set to data entry - no. So, I just looked that up, and it seems that's what I want, right?

I can't test at the moment, but with 'data entry' mode on, you don't see existing records (not sure if you can navigate backwards to see existing records, as I said, can't check now).

What this has highlighted though is that you were able to enter duplicate records, you may need to address that.

HGCanada

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you. I believe your assumption is correct, re: data entry yes meaning you can't view previously entered records, according to what I read.

I cannot seem to replicate that issue. It's behaving perfectly now! Thanks for your input. I'll continue testing later this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom