Fix the homepage (1 Viewer)

Dmak

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:38
It's looking rather exotic at the moment;

"��=ks������f;��6������IN|��n�6����P���x���ò�ɿ������.r�V��ؙi�t�dE� � �����g'����`�.߼�|�~8��sexdyqh1���#K��/U ���Cs� x��������g��xҿf���� T=� � B�;�q�k��0�WUد���Z�aZ�2�D��tB�^̎GD{%���?�aMØ�}>G�+"'�A,�o1G���<���$f3(�ﲾ�Y�� �*{�DRDY��c���&DNE���T� |��$R㋸��OPs-�#�Q��a�='�O3�OMI�){:t�Yμ���N� uC��s��o �����~�Q��(� 5�{(��}{�(��!�����R�?,���nmI�N��=9�E ̃���xT ���ۡU8MG�a�;��}��:`/�p�3�� l�~ȇCF0�jr]�|���8QЉG+�㘆�E�+5L��) �V�x��h "

And so on.

Is intermittent, when the actual page loads and I click refresh it breaks again.

Using Chrome on XP.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I've had that a few times myself, but a few months ago. Anyone have any idea what might be causing it? Do you think someone perhaps hacked the site and edit the code so it spews out rubbish?

Knildon

Learning by Default
Local time
Yesterday, 23:38
Jon,
I've had the same thing happen 3 times over the last couple months. I didn't think to do a refresh but instead I opened an old thread that I had saved in my bookmarks and went in that way.
I'm no expert but that looks like a program called Zend Optimizer. Not sure what it does but I did see that while troubleshooting my website a while back.
Don:confused:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Let me know if it happens again. I have removed the feed code that shows forum posts. No idea if this was the cause or not.

durgaprasadzone

Local time
Yesterday, 20:38
Thanks for sharing information. Actually I had also the same question in mind for a long time anyways you started this thread & I am so happy.

Knildon

Learning by Default
Local time
Jon,
Just wanted to let you know that I'm having the same problem today.
Don

PS - Have a safe and prosperous New Year.

Knildon

Learning by Default
Local time
Jon,
The problem is back again. Had to use the backdoor to get in. A refresh does not work.
Don

mdlueck

Sr. Application Developer
Local time
Jon, does the homepage also use that caching server, or just the forum component of the site? I recall some of us had a horrid time trying to access the forum when an IP address changed and the cache server had not been updated, while other of us saw no problem at all.

I have /forums/ bookmarked, so never visit the homepage, thus I do not keep tabs of the homepage.

Anyway, thought perhaps something might be wrong between the homepage and the caching server. The forum pages were not loading properly while the caching server problem persisted.

mdlueck

Local time
I still beg to differ...

Other than a spinny progress graphic front and center, the rest of the page looks correct to me.

Attachments

• AccessWorldHomepage.jpg
    AccessWorldHomepage.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 269

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Glen, do you have a screenshot?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I'm seeing rubbish on the homepage again. Can someone else check and see if they too are getting the scrambled stuff?

mdlueck

Local time
Currently it looks fine to me.

I saw a flash of some photo, then the big box turned back into that spinning picture as shown in the screen sample I posted above.

Otherwise it looks all correct / as in that screen capture I posted.

So Jon, where is your screen capture! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom