aftre moving back end to a new PC it wont let me add new record (1 Viewer)

philwalker531

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:45
hi, im using a front end and back end and sharing the back end. i have had to move the location of the BE. i have linked the tables to the new location but when the front end is opened i cannot add or edit the records. i can view and search but not add??

the back end was on an XP machine and now its on a win 7. im really stuck?? ive set all permissions on the back end to 'full access' but still no.

has anyone got any help??? please?:banghead:

Ari

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:45
Hi

You use a folder in c drive (c:\YourFolder\YourBe.accdb) or this using the Program Files folder?

philwalker531

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

You use a folder in c drive (c:\YourFolder\YourBe.accdb) or this using the Program Files folder?
on the xp machine the backend was in a 'shared' folder
I have moved to a new machine running windows 7 and saved it in the root c:\ and 'shared' the drive. Both front ends can find the BE and read all the data but cannot add or edit :(

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 21:45
When you open the backend directly, are you able manually to edit or add data?

philwalker531

Registered User.
Local time
have not tried that yet, will try on tuesday. thanks

ok, so the computer that 'hosts' the back end is working fine. the other pc that is accessing the back end over the network cannot ope the back end as 'it is in use' by another user. i can open the back end tables independently but it states 'it is not updateable'

the host is running win 7 the one that cannot access the file is runing win 8. both PCS are connected to the same network and can find all the files that are 'shared' both are logged in as administrators but i cannot get it to work?!?!?!?!?!?!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

im thinking it could be apermissions or security issue but how do i add a user from another PC onto the file properties of the BE?

TerribadCoder

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:45
I've had to relink my backend tables to the frontend when I moved from one server to another. Not sure if that will solve your problem, as I received a different error message after moving it.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 21:45
ok, so the computer that 'hosts' the back end is working fine.
Does "working fine" mean that you able manually to edit or add data in the backend database when you open the backend database?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom