show record between 2 date in qury (1 Viewer)

theinviter

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:13
hi guys

need help

i have qurey and wanna to show record between 2 date (start date and end date) but the data entered in the field contain date and time. so is there i way to show the record by entering the start date in one field and time in another filed and End date in new filed and Time in another filed and then filter the record based on date and time entered (between).

tried this code but just filter date;
start date = >=[Forms]![Patient_Information]![Date_from] Or Nz(<=[Forms]![Patient_Information]![Date_from],"")=""

End date = <=[Forms]![Patient_Information]![date_To] Or Nz(<=[Forms]![Patient_Information]![date_To],"")=""

how to make a code for time.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. If you're saying the table data contains time components, then you can simply add some time components to your criteria as well. For example, ...Between [StartDate] And [EndDate] + #23:59#

theinviter

Registered User.
Local time
table data contain
Start date = Now
End date = now +Duration

the form contain a report filter
Date_from= Date
Time_from = Time
Date_To = Date
Time_To = Time

so wanna filter the report query by data entered by user in above field.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
table data contain
Start date = Now
End date = now +Duration

the form contain a report filter
Date_from= Date
Time_from = Time
Date_To = Date
Time_To = Time

so wanna filter the report query by data entered by user in above field.
As I was saying, you could try something like.
Code:
... WHERE FieldName Between Date_From + Time_From AND Date_To + Time_To
Please remember to use proper Form references, if necessary.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 22:13
Can you not just add Time to Date?

Code:
? timevalue(now())
21:27:47 
? cdec(timevalue(now()))
? cdec(date)
? cdec(now())

theinviter

Registered User.
Local time
As I was saying, you could try something like.
Code:
... WHERE FieldName Between Date_From + Time_From AND Date_To + Time_To
Please remember to use proper Form references, if necessary.

i tried this code in query ( Start date ) but dose not show any report

Between [Forms]![Patient_Information]![date_from]+[Forms]![Patient_Information]![Time_From] And [Forms]![Patient_Information]![date_to]+[Forms]![Patient_Information]![Time_to]

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
i tried this code in query ( Start date ) but dose not show any report

Between [Forms]![Patient_Information]![date_from]+[Forms]![Patient_Information]![Time_From] And [Forms]![Patient_Information]![date_to]+[Forms]![Patient_Information]![Time_to]

Hi. You forgot to specify the field you're trying to filter.

theinviter

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. You forgot to specify the field you're trying to filter.

which field , i have 2 field in the query
1- start date
2- End date

should i put the code in 2 field or what
what should i do .

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
which field , i have 2 field in the query
1- start date
2- End date

should i put the code in 2 field or what
what should i do .

Hi. Since we can't see your actual query, we're having a hard time picturing what you want. Can you post your SQL statement and maybe some images? Also, can you describe in plain words what you want your query to do? Thanks!

theinviter

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. Since we can't see your actual query, we're having a hard time picturing what you want. Can you post your SQL statement and maybe some images? Also, can you describe in plain words what you want your query to do? Thanks!

please see the attached screen

Attachments

• query.jpg
    query.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 84
  • form.jpg
    form.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 87

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time

Hi. Thanks for that. How about the English description of the requirement, as I asked? For example, If the user enters all the search requirements, namely, the start and end dates and times, what did you want the query to return?

theinviter

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. Thanks for that. How about the English description of the requirement, as I asked? For example, If the user enters all the search requirements, namely, the start and end dates and times, what did you want the query to return?

once the user enter the date and time then the query will show only record that are between start date + time and end date + time.

theinviter

Registered User.
Local time

i tried this code on Star date and working good but when i do the same on END date then dose not show any record .

>=(CDate([Forms]![Patient_Information]![Date_from])+CDate([Forms]![Patient_Information]![Time_From]))

Attachments

• query 1.jpg
    query 1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 79

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
once the user enter the date and time then the query will show only record that are between start date + time and end date + time.

Hi. Not quite. Okay, given the user can request for records between two dates, what will qualify a record to be within these dates? Since you have two fields in your table, start and end, how does the criteria apply to them? For example, do you want all records where start is within the user input? Or, do you want all records where end is within the input data? Or something else? Perhaps there confusion because the names of your date fields are the same as the criteria input on the form.

theinviter

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. Not quite. Okay, given the user can request for records between two dates, what will qualify a record to be within these dates? Since you have two fields in your table, start and end, how does the criteria apply to them? For example, do you want all records where start is within the user input? Or, do you want all records where end is within the input data? Or something else? Perhaps there confusion because the names of your date fields are the same as the criteria input on the form.

yes i want all records where start and end are within the user input

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
yes i want all records where start and end are within the user input

Hi. Either I am just being too slow today or maybe I'm tired because it's almost quitting time, but I still don't get what you're asking. Your table has two date fields. So, if the user enters a time period, which of the two fields did you want to fall within said time period?

theinviter

Registered User.
Local time

thank you dear i have solved the issue as i will filter by start date only will serve the purpose

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
thank you dear i have solved the issue as i will filter by start date only will serve the purpose

Ah, excellent! Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Sorry for being so dense. Good luck with your project.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 22:13

Surely you should be comparing startdate in table to start date in form and likewise end date in table with end date in form, plus the form time elements.?

The BETWEEN is used when you are comparing one date from source against two dates required. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom