Macros in office 2007 (1 Viewer)

Aeon.Divine

< Random Learner. >
Local time
Yesterday, 21:53
So, im dead without the macro recorder. This means i should learn how to write VB in Powerpoint.

Does anyone know how to write a line that would outline a picture in one of my slides ??

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:53
So, im dead without the macro recorder.

It's there ! right click on a blank part the toolbar and tick the Visual Basic toolbar.

But why would you want to do this ? use the animations already in PowerPoint to create a border that appears either on mouse click or after a set amount of time - simple :p

Aeon.Divine

< Random Learner. >
Local time
But, the animations are for a border that would appear while im traveling across the slides, i meant a macro that will outline my pictures in the edition mode. Or theres a way in animations to do so and i'm totally outdated ?

So, no answer...

Last edited:

Aeon.Divine

< Random Learner. >
Local time
Uh?

I know, that's not what its asked here.

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:53
i meant a macro that will outline my pictures in the edition mode

Edition mode :confused: I'm not sure what you mean by this, apologies but could you explain what you want to achieve, I thought you wanted to have border appear around a picture, which you can do even if you are not traveling (transitioning) between slides by either using the animation timings or on when you click the mouse.

Uh?

I know, that's not what its asked here.

He is right though :p but why post this ? I don't know :confused:

Aeon.Divine

< Random Learner. >
Local time
Let me see. I'll try to rephrase. i dont want a presentation where an outline apears around an image when i click or after a certain time. What i need is to outline several images, and i need a way to program my keyboard so that pressing Cntrl+SOMEKEY the selected image will be outlined. Thats what i meant with edition mode, i am not trying to make an outline apear when i see my presentation, im trying to outline an image in the first place. older versions of powerpoint allow to record an action and repeat it pressing certain commands. The same way CNTRL+C (copy) works. Thats what i cant find in office 2007, a way to program the OUTLINING action into some command as CONTROL + O. That way, i would outline 20 images way more faster than without that kind of shortcut.

I hope now its clear.

Pd: The last message, i believe, was unconcious way to make this thread more curious, to draw attention, and find someone who'll try to understand it, such as yourself, Thanks!

Aeon.Divine

< Random Learner. >
Local time
Ive seen all the application trough, it's definitively helpful, i manage to locate where the macros creation utility is. Thanks a lot!

But one problem remains. It now seems like the macro creation utility has changed, and now it has to be programed with VB. Anyone knows where i could find some example to program a macro ? ( i know vb, i just dont know how to apply it to macros )

I'll add to your rep george, thanks.

minkey: i need to record a macro, cause i need to outline a lot of pictures, and i just dont want to repeat the same process a hundred times. Sorry i didnt got your question earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom