Outlook 2003...Leaving copy of message on server (1 Viewer)

M

Mike375

I can get to the section where you click Leave copy of message on Server but it won't hold the setting. If I close all the boxes down and go back to Tools etc it is still ticked. But when I close Outlook and reopen the box is no longer ticked.....and it does clear the server.

Also, is there any way for it to receive emails when you open in the same waay as Outlook Expresss and Windows Mail that comes with Vista.

Local time
Today, 08:44
If the server doesn't work that way, it won't work. Are you getting data from an Exchange server or...where?

Yes, you can get your mail on startup.

I don't have a copy of 2003 right here to look at. In 2007 the setting is under Options|Mail Setup|Send immediately when connected. I don't remember it being that easy in 2003, though. You might also want to look under Tools|Send/Receive.

M

Mike375

George,

I have Send Immediately ticked. But there is Automatically Send/Receive on the next form and 5 mins is the default. I guess I will change that to 1 minute.

Leaving Copy of Message works on this computer with Windows Mail (on Vista) and also on the others which are Outlook Express and all through the same email/modem/network.

The problem is the tick for Leave Copy on Server becomes unticked once I close Outlook down.

M

Mike375

I seem to have it working now. There are two ways to get to Leave Copy of Message and the other way I just did is holding up.

Local time
Today, 08:44
Glad you got it working.

I always set mine to 1 minute, unless connected to an Exchange server set up to send immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom