Outlook 2007 on Vista Search Problem (1 Viewer)

rustyCrVx

The Post is a Lie
Local time
Today, 13:58
My boss has set me to help him out with this, but the problem is I have zero Vista and Office 2007 experience. Here's his issue:

He's using a fresh install of Vista and Office 2007 on a new machine connected to the office's vpn and there was no issue at first but at some point his search got quirky. Anyways, this is what he's told me so far:

When he runs the quick search with his inbox selected he can receive the search results correctly for the inbox only (didn't get to check if the same occurs for other folders selected). However, when he clicks on the blue text at the bottom of the search results to search in all folders, he only receives the results from the archived files. He told me that another IT guy has tried reindexing, but without logging to see if there are any errors. This did not fix the problem. He also says that when he accesses his email from his home everything works as it should. I've searched several forums with many ideas I have yet to try (starting with logging while reindexing to make sure it is doing so correctly), so I have plenty of things to try but I have not found anything regarding this similar situation.

Any ideas or links to solutions?

BTW, I only have his daily lunch time to work on this so progress will be very slow unless I'm permitted to access his computer remotely when everybody else is out of the office. This is also why I couldn't post more details on what any of his settings are. Thanks ahead of time for any help offered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom