Outlook Code for "Switching Views" (1 Viewer)

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Yesterday, 21:03
Can anyone help with some code for switching "tasks" in Outlook? I'm not sure what they are, but I'm talking about the 'quote' "modules. Those being like MAIL, CALENDER, CONTACTS, etc... I'm not sure what to call them. I know they are objects, but can't put my finger on it. Looked in the help menu, but can't seem to find anything either. Anyone have any help on this strange little problem? Thank you...

(Basically what I want to do is hide the navigation pane when I switch to view the calender. That's all.)

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:03
Don't know the exact answer, but whenever I need to find something, I go to help file and look at object model, clicking semi-randomly on objects that seems to fit what I'm looking for. Maybe you can find it that way if you haven't already looked at the object model. (Which I have to say, it's so weird that the object models for the rest of Office would be so obscure and convoluted in contrast to Access's object model...)

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Thanks Banana. I think you are right about this. Unfortunately, the model is that way with Outlook. There are objects like ITEM, VIEW, etc..., but I can't seem to put my finger on the object that is the MAIL, CALENDER, etc...

I'm also thinking that it could be an event of somekind, instead of an actual model that I'm looking for, but I have no idea how to find it, as I've looked through the help menu extensively so far. I guess, simply said, I DON'T KNOW THIS. :) Thanks for the attempt though!

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:03
What about ActiveExplorer object? Under it, there should be a Navigation Pane...

I know I've referred to ActiveExplorer to deal with the selections made on the pane... (or was it CurrentExplorer)

(you can see how much I work with Outlook...)

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Yeah I see. ;) But that still leaves the EVENT that I have to find when the users switches from one view to the next. Do you know THAT?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom