Why oh why oh why - the date (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:37
its a problem with all forums really....it has to be date,month,year......sanity dictates it....:)

Date,Month,Year. How does that work.

How about no date until you log on.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 16:37
Suspect the OP means Day, month, year though if you use Year, month, day in character form they do sort correctly. DMY seems the usual format in UK while YMD seems more common in Europe especially Scandinavia.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Hitler's involvement in the Spanish civil war was outside interference , I thought rainlover was saying that he had had his own civil war ie in Germany, hmm, I suppose that it is possible that some might argue that some of his actions bordered on it.
( I wonder if I hedged enough bets there).

Rain don't you know that I am always right most of the time, and when I am not its just because I am being awkward . ;)

Brian

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Hitler's involvement in the Spanish civil war was outside interference , I thought rainlover was saying that he had had his own civil war ie in Germany, hmm, I suppose that it is possible that some might argue that some of his actions bordered on it.
( I wonder if I hedged enough bets there).

Rain don't you know that I am always right most of the time, and when I am not its just because I am being awkward . ;)

Brian

Rain seems to say that Hitlers role in the Spanish war was one of the exceptional - successful outside interventions - if he meant the spanish civil war?!?!

I suspect he meant what was happening in Germany though.

RainLover

Local time
The Chinese are not warmongers and are far to intelligent to go around creating enemies.

When I was at uni in the late 50s an African student was saying that we should hand our colonies back, quite rightly, when challenged that the new rulers might be right bastards his reply was yes but they will be our bastards.

I'm not convinced that outside interference in any civil conflict solves anything long term

Brian

Brian

Can you translate this to American for me. Basically I believe that when you have TWO waring factions in a Country we should leave it to them to settle their own differences.

Some tines we jump in when there is nothing to be gained except the death of our own troops.

I did try to quote an example of where outside help was warranted. I wish I had not used Hitler.

ChrisO

Registered User.
Local time
What does it have to do with the way this site displays dates?

Chris.

RainLover

Local time
ChrisO

If you can't see that then.................................

ChrisO

Registered User.
Local time
Why would you want to fill a 3 year old thread with such nonsense?

Start your own thread in a non-technical forum, I’m locking this one.

Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom