Site Issues ??!! (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:20
Since I made the recent changes, what has the site performance been like? Please state relative before the issues started, if you can tell that is.

I'm trying to establish if the caching changes I made have degraded performance or not.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I had no performance issues before or since the problems, the response is too quick o notice any difference, if there is any.

Brian

Dazzy

Registered User.
Local time
main homepage just shows the pages code.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Thanks for that Dazzy. I got my host to fix it. Your posting to this thread meant I got the email and so could action it.

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:20
Jon

Is it time to look at the email problem we have or do you need more time to fix what you are currently working on.

When ready I can update you with the problem.

This problem is causing people NOT to be able to join AWF as they do not receive a registration email.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I think the homepage has been fixed now.

The email problem. My understanding is that some people get the email and some don't?

RainLover

Local time
I think the homepage has been fixed now.

The email problem. My understanding is that some people get the email and some don't?

From what I have gathered and I have spoken to ChrisO many times about this, is that the ISP Bigpond does not allow traffic.

Both ChrisO and I have changed to GMail so we do get our mail.

But if a Newbie comes along who uses Bigpond then they will not receive an acceptance email so they can never join.

I would think Bigpond is the largest ISP in Australia.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I see other people having problems with Bigpond on this thread: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1809014

But I can't find our email on any spam lists so not sure how to fix this. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

RainLover

Local time
I see other people having problems with Bigpond on this thread: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1809014

But I can't find our email on any spam lists so not sure how to fix this. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Jon

A lot of that thread refers to bigpond.net.au

.net.au Will no longer be issued, however any person who has one will have that address for ever. Even if they don't pay for its use.

I have a .net.au and ChrisO has a .com. Neither of us can receive email from AWF. Glaxiom may be in a similar situation or have some further knowledge.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Do you know what ISP ChrisO uses? Is he in Australia? i.e. is it an issue for Australia?

RainLover

Local time
Do you know what ISP ChrisO uses? Is he in Australia? i.e. is it an issue for Australia?

Chris uses Bigpond but has had to change to his secondary email which is GMail in order to maintain contact with AWF.

Chris is an Aussie and so am I.

Bigpond is the largest ISP in Australia. Roughly 50% government owned. Telstra is another arm.

This issue would affect every person trying to join who is with Bigpond.

Hard to put a figure on it but that number is too big to ignore.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 14:20
Have you reached out to BigPond about it? Could it be on their end?

ChrisO

Registered User.
Local time
I don’t know about ‘reached out’ to Bigpond but I did contact them about a year ago and they said it was not their problem.

I then changed it so my email notifications went from this site to Gmail to Bigpond and that worked fine.

I recall I mentioned this to Jon and he said that his provider ‘did something’ and that did fix the problem at that time.

I then set it back to site to Bigpond and that worked for maybe 6 months. It then failed again so I went back to site to Gmail to Bigpond and that is where it is at the moment.

I do not feel like changing my email address again but new members will not be able to join using a Bigpond account.

Chris.

sumox

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:50
I have quiet the similar problem, except when I post, my post is not visible. I have to manually refresh the page. Hoping I do not have to type the whole damn thing again. So far, it is submitted, but not visible.

can i know which pc config + browser u r using.

I am using IE8+win7 and just working Fine ! Speeds ! good !

some firefoxers also face problems i think

RainLover

Local time
Jon

Do you have any feedback as to the Email problem we are having.

That is the failure of AWF to be able to deliver to Bigpond in Australia.

We must surely be missing out on membership.

Do you want me to find an address or something for you to contact their webmaster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom