Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Macros

Old 03-07-2018, 02:46 PM   #1
The robyn
Newly Registered User

The robyn is on a distinguished road
Macro to open query based userforum at specific record?

Ok so...i have a form which is based on a query. I would like a command button on my switchboard form which on click opens the form to display a specific record.

I have been able to do this in 03-07 and i think it was by way of prompting user to enter a parameter value [ ]. If no value was entered then the form opened to display all records.

Now using access 2010 and ive tried everything but i still be like !!! Im sure its so simple but this new version of access is taking some getting used to!

Any ideas?

Ps i am not familiar with vb but with clear instructions i would be happy to take a pop at it

The robyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 02:52 PM   #2
pbaldy
Wino Moderator

Thanked 3,720 Times in 3,663 Posts
pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold
Re: Macro to open query based userforum at specific record?

Is this what you're trying to do?

http://www.baldyweb.com/wherecondition.htm

The same can be done via macro using the wherecondition argument.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pbaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:06 PM   #3
The robyn
Newly Registered User

Im a real lay person but yes that sounds about right. My switchboard is basically a standard form that i will populate with command buttons for easy end user navigation.

The query i have retrieves all staff info but does not include those who have left - criteria being leaver date is null.

I have a tabbed form that displays all manner of staff details - one record per employee so i dont think its a continous form?

To keep it simple for the admin using the database i previously had a button on the main switchboard that said "view employee". On click a pop up box prompted for parameter value...a surname was entered and the form opened to display the record relating to the surname.

I have a 4 year absence of use from access so im trying to remember everything but the layout is very different so forgive me if i sound a bit daft!

Would a combo box/list on the switchboard be more suited? They could then select the surname from the list to open the form related to the record selected?

Old 03-07-2018, 03:58 PM   #4
pbaldy
Wino Moderator

pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold

Sure, that method could be used with a combo or listbox (as long as the listbox was single select; more code would be required for multiselect).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-08-2018, 12:52 AM   #5
The robyn
Newly Registered User

Thanks paul.. I'll try combo
Old 03-08-2018, 10:45 AM   #6
pbaldy
Wino Moderator

No problem, post back if you get stuck.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: