printing threads - print.css (1 Viewer)

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time
Today, 11:24
it would be mighty helpful to have a print-friendly css implemented on the forums. currently, if i need to have a paper copy of a thread in front of me, it comes with all the buttons at the top, all the "add a reply", "posting rules", "similar threads" and "additional options" features down the bottom etc... (descriptive links don't help from paper, as opposed to actual url links, similarly, UserCP link etc is space-waster on paper) (taking almost a whole A4's worth of space during print - most times annoying creating an extra page (edit: 2 pages in landscape view) that is useless/wasteful)

as a suggestion only (to start with):

1) the print css would ideally have just the forum breadcrumb in the header (incl. date and time of print)
2) then the thread posts themselves, with basic poster/post info (user name and post number, no avatar, no signatures (esp the lengthy ones, like mine)), but main idea being the content of the posts.

what about that, then!?

edit: and i say print css as opposed to a 'print-friendly version' b/c i don't want to click on 'print-friendly' link and then have to preview etc. i want to just do CTRL+P or File|Print and hey-presto!

Last edited:

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
Yesterday, 20:24
Brilliant (and well-written) suggestion!

CSS should have killed all "Printer-friendly version" buttons years ago... of course, it also should have killed table-based layouts, so who am I kidding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom