Moderation delay (1 Viewer)

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:28
I posted a critique of this suggestion as a reply in the Code Repository about 24 hours ago.

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=177058

The response was that my post would be reviewed by a moderator but I have not heard back since and my post has not appeared.

How long does moderation usally take on the Code Repository?

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Today, 14:28
The moderation time is subject to the moderators time availability to visit the sample databases and code repository and phyically check individual submissions. This can be speeded up if PM's are sent to the Mod, but not a guarantee.

Some code, as Gizmo suggested, it written at the level of the authors skills ceiling. Demanding a certain level of expertise before acceptance is not a requirement, however any constuctive critisism is accepted.

David

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Certain Mods appear to obsessed with deleting innocent threads and posts and threatening to ban people for no real reason, whilst letting others get away with using foul language with no action taken.

Still, I suppose few of us are perfect.

Col

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
It has now been a week since I posted my critique of the suggestion in the Code Repository. It still has not appeared.

Several other posts have appeared in the same category suggesting that moderators have reviewed later posts. The original suggestion apparently appeared within a day of its posting.

I have not received any feedback whatsoever from any moderator.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
I'm wondering if your message got through Galaxi. I've noticed a few of my posts don't make it, the site freezes and nothing happens. I suspect others are experiencing similar problems because I've seen double posts on some threads, and also received a few pms more than once, indicating that the sender didn't think it had gone.

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
I have just been through the code repository and there were only 3 submissions unmoderated all by the same person. Although somewhat naive I have allowed them.

David

chergh

blah
Local time
Could we perhaps have a certain level of quality control in the code repository?

Describing some of the recent posting as naive is an understatement. Surely the code repository should be for good examples and not nonsense.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I have just been through the code repository and there were only 3 submissions unmoderated all by the same person. Although somewhat naive I have allowed them.

There must be a problem with replies to submissions not being recorded properly. I tried posting my reply again before my second post on this thread.

The first time I posted a reply I got the moderation message but the second time I got the "thankyou for your post" message.

Nothing posted either time. I tried a third immediately and got the "duplicate post in five minutes" message.

Mine was a reply to:
http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=177058

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Describing some of the recent posting as naive is an understatement. Surely the code repository should be for good examples and not nonsense.

That is exactly why I tried to post this particular critique.
Any developer would be wasting their time following it and it could potentially introduce undesirable outcomes.

An earlier post by the same contributor was not only poorly conceived and inefficiently implemented but would not even do the job it is supposed to achieve.

Realistically, moderators don't have time to audit the contributions for efficacy. Perhaps these contributions need to be thrashed out in the main forum and voted for inclusion in the Repository.

We certainly need more than a claim to be an expert from the author.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The original thread where my followup posts were being lost has been removed. Perhaps it was removed long ago and I was seeing it in my cache causing my post to to be lost.

My main goal was to warn people of the shortcomings inherent in the concept. If it isn't there then it won't matter any more.

The original post showed a decidely lame method of stopping a database working when it was copied to another computer. I expect the original poster suddenly realised that he was compromising his own protection system and deleted the thread.

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 06:28
Sadly there are glitches in posting, I have had some posts not appear and the freeze up happens time to time. Frustrating for most but particularly frustrating for people with visual, tactile or mobility challanges. Best practice is to type and edit your post in a notepad and copy & paste to a forum. At least if you get the freeze you can give a second try and not feel like your shared knowledge is discarded or otherwise blocked from helping others.

The delay in coding is understandable as there are people who have a lot of time on their hands and thrill themselves by posting malicious code to tank peoples programs, systems and even their careers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom