Site accessibility problems (1 Viewer)

Jerome

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:17
Hello,

I have a lot of problems accessing this site. Sometimes I can open the site : http://www.access-programmers.co.uk but the forum section will not open.

When I start a new thread or reply on an excising one and I want to submit is it takes a long time before the thread is shown within my browser (Firefox). Sometimes it just hangs and I have to do it again.

Are there other people who also have this problem?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
It seems to have issues every so often. I couldn't get in about 3 hours ago and when I did, it took forever to load a page. It seems to be back to normal. Not sure why it would be doing that unless perhaps the web host is having issues.

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
its kids on holiday ...

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Today, 21:17
its kids on holiday ...

Yes! You cracked it Gary! I never thought of that! I can just see the little cherubs belting out of the playground rushing home to play "Access-programmers forum", far more exciting that the wi. ;)

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 22:17
Yes! You cracked it Gary! I never thought of that! I can just see the little cherubs belting out of the playground rushing home to play "Access-programmers forum", far more exciting that the wi. ;)

Lol, but seriously, this site is getting slower and slower. Even when I log in early in the morning, it's not up to speed as it used to be. Logging in sometimes takes ages. I wonder if the site owner is aware of this.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Lol, but seriously, this site is getting slower and slower. Even when I log in early in the morning, it's not up to speed as it used to be. Logging in sometimes takes ages. I wonder if the site owner is aware of this.

I did send Jon an email about it and have every faith that he will take a look, fingers crossed.

I'm wondering if there's a lot of debris needs to be cleared out. For instance, I'm sure there are a lot of accounts that could be made redundant. I try to do my bit by deleting a whole lot of junk that I've posted as often as possible from the watercooler, don't know if it helps at all, I can but try ;)

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
The site first slowed down when google ads were introduced, it's gotten much worse since those colourful things were introduced;)

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
The site first slowed down when google ads were introduced, it's gotten much worse since those colourful things were introduced;)

What colourful things? I thought Timmy had gone! :eek:

Local time
Today, 15:17
Has anyone noticed if the site is extremely slow today. It is for me.

Also, has the behavior of a reply changed? I get a redirect after a reply, which modifies the way in which I use the site.

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
The redirect has always been there just most of the time you dont see it as it is THAT fast...

Yes the site IS slow :( and seemingly getting slower by the week :(

Edit: Though at times it just *flies* like (ironicaly) this reply

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Today, 15:17
I did send Jon an email about it and have every faith that he will take a look, fingers crossed.

I'm wondering if there's a lot of debris needs to be cleared out. For instance, I'm sure there are a lot of accounts that could be made redundant. I try to do my bit by deleting a whole lot of junk that I've posted as often as possible from the watercooler, don't know if it helps at all, I can but try ;)

How far back do you start that? If it helps, I would like to do it too.

darbid

Registered User.
Local time
I have been wanting to complain for a long time. The main forum page is slow but then to go any deaper or to reply to a thread is almost impossible - I even get timeouts every so often.

I am in Europe and notice that in the mornings it is better so the best I can come up with is the forum cannot handle the load when USA wakes up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom