New guy on the block (1 Viewer)

Don301

Local time
Today, 05:12
Haven't done any of this for about 10 years. I'm 88 and shouldn't be doing any of this hi-tech stuff - but----I've read the 2010 Access book a couple of times but still have problems.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:12
Hi Don 88! I reckon you must be the oldest dude here! Mind you a lot of us are quite old, but probably not from your perspective! Welcome to the forum, you're definitely in the right place if you want to sort out the issues you have with MS Access. There's an awful lot of experience here in getting people started and on the right track. It's probably best if you've got a project you want to pursue, it gives you a bit more shall we say enthusiasm, although that's not quite the right term.

And welcome to Access World Forums!

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:12
Haven't done any of this for about 10 years. I'm 88 and shouldn't be doing any of this hi-tech stuff - but----I've read the 2010 Access book a couple of times but still have problems.

Never too late late to learn something. Supposed to be good to keep the brain working. Good to have you here.

There's an awful lot of experience here in getting people started and on the right track.

Yep. It's where people with an awful lot of experience connect with those who have a lot of awful experience.;)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:12
Yep. It's where people with an awful lot of experience connect with those who have a lot of awful experience.;)

I didn't see what you did there the first time I saw this post Greg, Clever!

I had to look up the definition of "awful" and discovered it means terrible bad horrible, but I couldn't understand why I think that "an awful lot of experience" is a good expression, however looking up that expression itself then, Google says it is.

For years I thought "one fowl swoop" was just that. Then I was corrected by somebody who let me know it was "one fell swoop..." Personally I suspect a foul....

Don't get me started on -- who whom!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:12
I've read the 2010 Access book a couple of times but still have problems.

Here you are, 88, and just now learning lessons... such as

"Book learning" doesn't prepare you for the reality of something.

Microsoft books sometimes barely scratch the surface of reality.

There is no teacher like experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom