Form Combobox filter, (boolean), in header (1 Viewer)

Confuszle

Local time
Today, 16:06
Hi, Im new to access but building a project but for my friend as I am better with compyters then he is. However, I am a bit stumped by the way Access works when it comes to filtering on a multiple field form from the header.

What I am trying to do, is filter out all the multiple fields from the form which are either paid or unpaid. However when I use the combobox wizard, I don't have 2 options from my dropdown list to click yes/no... I have a list of yes/no entries as long as the entries that I have. Also the form is not being automatically updated. I guess this is somewhat of a noob thread as I am soo new to Access but would really appreciate some help.

Thanks

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 23:06
did you use the Advance search feature.
data are not automatically updated until you Refresh it.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:06
I think I understand your question, however there is plenty of room for misunderstanding.

I'm guessing what you need is an unbound combobox, and a query to limit its values to unique values. I'm not 100% sure this will work in your particular case because this example is for returning one matching record, not a set of possible matches, I'd have to try it and see.

There's a set of videos on my website here Northwind Problem and Solution which demonstrate a problem with the northwind sample database. There are several Solutions, one of them is creating an unbound combobox and using it to specify a record Returned in the form. I'm thinking if you've got multiple records the same it will return all of them but that's just a guess really!

To experiment yourself it would be a good idea to download the relevant northwind sample database and there's a list of them on my website here:- What is "Northwind"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom