Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > General

Old 06-02-2005, 07:56 PM   #1
erobles

Can't Find Database Objects

Hello,

I am a novice when it comes to the MS Access interface. My experience has been designing the database and then using ASP pages to query, update, etc. I am now in a new position where I have to modify a switchboard to point to other data sources (i.e. databases) who have been renamed. My problem is that when I open any of those databases all I get is a form (switchboard) that has links to reports. It appears to my novice eye that the switchboard is the only thing that exists within the "main" database and it points to other databases -- when I open those databases another switchboard comes up and I still cannot view the database objects. I hope this makes sense -- believe me, I am attempting to understand this all.

I hope someone can explain to me what's going on -- there has to be a database that I can open and see actual database objects by going to the top menu bar and selecting, "View --> Database Objects --> Tables, Queries, Forms, etc.

Please help!

Thank you!

Old 06-02-2005, 08:05 PM   #2
tas666

tas666 is on a distinguished road
I'm just a novice myself, but if you open the database and hold down the shift key, that shows the objects that exist in the Access database with the switchboard appearing as one of the forms. Is this what you were after?
tas666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: