Forum for OOP and Access (1 Viewer)

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 23:19
There are only some scattered resources concerning usage of OOP in Access.

I think AWF would gain significantly by having a forum dedicated to OOP (and a corresponding categorised OOP-sample database, as discussed here http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=266996 )

Most of the amateur programmers frequenting AWF go happily through life using the various objects provided by Access but not being able to establish any themselves and not knowing when it would be adavantageous to do so.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:19
I have mentioned this in the Moderators forum.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 22:19
No doubt a good idea and to me this would be best suited in a Tutorials section of the forum rather than it being a Help topic within one the main Access forums. The reason I say this is because OOP is a concept that's taught not something you get help for. And it might be a bit misleading calling it OOP since Access doesn't support full OOP.

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
I agree ... any dedicated, well-labeled and easily findable corner would do. It would provide an inspiring opportunity for many to dabble in a new but quite useful area.

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
The response to this thread is totally underwhelming.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:19
spike,

When you say OOP and Access are you really looking for more info on the creation, use and examples of class modules, or is it something entirely different. I have not found a good source of info on Access and class modules. If anyone has good sources - tutorials, videos, articles - I'd like to know them.

ChrisO, who, unfortunately, died recently, was a proponent of classes. Some of his posts had examples.

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
re you really looking for more info on the creation, use and examples of class modules

That is exactly what I think would be useful. There are links, and there are bits and pieces scattered all overthe web ... and NO ONE PLACE collecting it all. I myself already have a zillion questions but no place to put them, really.

I think this would be an opportunity for AWF to create a corner for the most persistent geek OOP-wannabees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom