can's search on the term XML (1 Viewer)

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 10:55
At least the tags work.
My guess is that searching for XML is a reserved term for actual XML in the query engine?

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 10:55
LOL thanks!
If you are following the TV Cartoon Series - SOUTH PARK (South Park, Colorado)
written by my neighbors who live down the street from me ...
(O.K. not literally THE street, OK, so they are rich and they have a huge castle wall with a gated armed guards with signs "beware of the Leopards" ... across town in a district I can't afford) ...
Then you can appreciate this weeks episode about Google Ads
Like the cartoon, I was trying to avoid them.
Since I tried your solution, I now have advertisements "do you want to buy XML?"
After putting an ad blocker, I seem to receive "news stories" about why buying XML is a great idea. Even my Weather App is predicting higher XML. And of course, tickets to travel to XML are discounted at Google Travel.

Actually Google seems to work very well for the Access-Programmers. Thanks!
I am totally fine with that.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 12:55
Yeah, the advanced search options for Google actually tend to work better for any given site that most sites' internal search engines. It typically only fails when it runs into a paywall.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:55
they are annoying - apparently I can now buy intestinal parasites and dogs urine from Amazon and Ebay!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:55
I use "Google Advanced Search" on a pay-walled site. I am a subscriber to Safari Books On-line. What I do is login to the website on one tab and then search with Google Advanced Search in another tab.

I can retrieve the results from the pay-walled website, although I think they switched it off once in the past. I can't recall exactly but I know I haven't always been able to search Safari with Google advanced search.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 12:55
Yeah, I can do the same on SomethingAwful as long as I'm logged in.

And I'm sure it surprises no one familiar with the site that I'm a goon. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom