Forum Thread View Hangs on Quick Response? (1 Viewer)

gromit

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:42
Hi -

It seems like when I try to post a quick reponse, the web page goes off in the weeds:

I hit a "Post Quick Reply" and the forum does include my response. I don't ever get back to the view of the thread - seems to hang indefinitely. I know my response is posted, because I can back up and check the thread. "Advanced Response" works just fine.

Seems like this has just been happening in the past several days.

Is this happening to anyone else, or is it just me?

- g

Firefox 1.5 on Windows XP

ssteinke

for what it's worth
Local time
Today, 11:42
Similar issue in past few days, seems like ever since I started seeing those stinkin' advertisements. When opening a thread, it 'hangs' on the first post, thinks for 10-20 seconds, then decides to give up the remaining posts.... Very Annoying.. thought it was something with my computer.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 11:42
It's happening to me too.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:42
I want to see if this problem persists so let me know next week please. It may just be a temporary things with Googles advert servers being slow or something.

Does it NEVER show the remainder of the thread?

reclusivemonkey

Registered User.
Local time
I use Adblock to filter out the Sponsored Links (sorry, I support the forum by answering people's questions to the best of my ability), and I can use the "Post Quick Reply" fine.

Bat17

Registered User.
Local time
something in those adds can kill my exporer, but it is pretty old and weary at the best of times.

Peter

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:42
I've having the same issue, and my FireFox always shows this in the statusbar (see attached JPG)

Attachments

• QuickPostIssue.jpg
    QuickPostIssue.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 303

gromit

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:42
Jon -

Still hangs on Post Quick Reply - I haven't tried waiting indefinitely to see if it ever loads, but I've waited 5 minutes and it never connects.

(using Firefox 1.5)

- grommit

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom