Go Back   Access World Forums > Access World > The Watercooler

 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 01:24 AM   #1
ColinEssex
Old registered user
 
ColinEssex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 8,014
Thanks: 1
Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts
ColinEssex will become famous soon enough
Yet another thread deleted? No reasons?

I posted on the "joke" thread, then it was moved without my knowlege to a new thread called "abcs" - now that has gone - no reason or notification.

What the hell is happening to this dictatorial forum? It's getting worse.

Or am I just not seeing "my" thread.

Col

__________________
"America is pregnant with promises and anticipation, but is murdered by the hand of the inevitable."
ColinEssex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 04:04 AM   #2
Brianwarnock
Retired
 
Brianwarnock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Merseyside England
Posts: 12,701
Thanks: 39
Thanked 538 Times in 520 Posts
Brianwarnock is a glorious beacon of light Brianwarnock is a glorious beacon of light Brianwarnock is a glorious beacon of light Brianwarnock is a glorious beacon of light Brianwarnock is a glorious beacon of light Brianwarnock is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Yet another thread deleted? No reasons?

I did not post to the thread ABCs as I did not deem Col's post worthy of comment, however I do think that it would be better if such threads were, at least initially, closed with a comment as to why.

The deletion of a thread without comment not only smacks of high handedness but is an insult to those that have posted.

Brian
__________________
What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare

I do not have Access these days 2015
Brianwarnock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:47 AM   #3
Fifty2One
Legend in my own mind
 
Fifty2One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Eastern Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,412
Thanks: 6
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Fifty2One is on a distinguished road
Re: Yet another thread deleted? No reasons?

DIDDUMS.
Did the bad moderator place your thread in a more appropriate place?

You should boycott the forum or better yet: withdraw ask for your money back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinEssex View Post
I posted on the "joke" thread, then it was moved without my knowlege to a new thread called "abcs" - now that has gone - no reason or notification.

What the hell is happening to this dictatorial forum? It's getting worse.

Or am I just not seeing "my" thread.

Col

__________________
Processed on shared equipment that may have come in contact with nuts.
Fifty2One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:23 AM   #4
Brianwarnock
Retired
 
Brianwarnock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Merseyside England
Posts: 12,701
Thanks: 39
Thanked 538 Times in 520 Posts
Brianwarnock is a glorious beacon of light Brianwarnock is a glorious beacon of light Brianwarnock is a glorious beacon of light Brianwarnock is a glorious beacon of light Brianwarnock is a glorious beacon of light Brianwarnock is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Yet another thread deleted? No reasons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty2One View Post
DIDDUMS.
Did the bad moderator place your thread in a more appropriate place?

You should boycott the forum or better yet: withdraw ask for your money back!
A very useful contribution to the discussion.

Brian
__________________
What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare

I do not have Access these days 2015
Brianwarnock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:10 AM   #5
Thales750
Formerly Jsanders
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Galveston, Texas
Posts: 1,611
Thanks: 40
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
Thales750 is on a distinguished road
Re: Yet another thread deleted? No reasons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianwarnock View Post
A very useful contribution to the discussion.

Brian
That was funny,

I was actually thinking about that thread and similar ones this very morning.

I think for my own part I will not be participating in them any longer. Rich and Col both glean some kind of perverse pleasure from insulting others, and engaging them in useless conversations.

This morning while I wasn’t engaged in the BS, I designed the ribs for another hull. Much more satisfaction was derived from that, than arguing with an idiot (or at least someone posing as one).
__________________
Aboard Oceans Eleven on Offatts Bayou
inveniemus viam aut faciemus
Thales750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:17 AM   #6
ColinEssex
Old registered user
 
ColinEssex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 8,014
Thanks: 1
Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts
ColinEssex will become famous soon enough
Re: Yet another thread deleted? No reasons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thales750 View Post
I was actually thinking about that thread and similar ones this very morning.

I think for my own part I will not be participating in them any longer.
Thank god for that. At least then we won't have to read your disgusting choices of mixed fonts and colours.

You've said the same many times before though Josephine - can you try and stick to it this time?

Col
__________________
"America is pregnant with promises and anticipation, but is murdered by the hand of the inevitable."
ColinEssex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:49 AM   #7
Fifty2One
Legend in my own mind
 
Fifty2One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Eastern Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,412
Thanks: 6
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Fifty2One is on a distinguished road
Re: Yet another thread deleted? No reasons?

I was very interested in the idea of the hull you posted in the other thread. I have been working with some high-modulus thermoplastics as a substution to carbon fiber in some applications. It might work as good skin for an underwater vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thales750 View Post
That was funny,

I was actually thinking about that thread and similar ones this very morning.

I think for my own part I will not be participating in them any longer. Rich and Col both glean some kind of perverse pleasure from insulting others, and engaging them in useless conversations.

This morning while I wasn’t engaged in the BS, I designed the ribs for another hull. Much more satisfaction was derived from that, than arguing with an idiot (or at least someone posing as one).

__________________
Processed on shared equipment that may have come in contact with nuts.
Fifty2One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:43 AM   #8
Rich
Newly Registered User
 
Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: searching the truth
Posts: 2,898
Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rich is on a distinguished road
Re: Yet another thread deleted? No reasons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianwarnock View Post
A very useful contribution to the discussion.

Brian
Just like all his others..............
__________________
Amateurs...built the ark.Professionals...built the Titanic
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:55 AM   #9
ColinEssex
Old registered user
 
ColinEssex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 8,014
Thanks: 1
Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts
ColinEssex will become famous soon enough
Re: Yet another thread deleted? No reasons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty2One View Post
Did the bad moderator place your thread in a more appropriate place?
I wouldn't say the moderator (whoever it was) is bad - that seems a little harsh to me, but if you think the moderators are bad then that's up to you.

Perhaps a little insensitive and dictatorial perhaps. So it must have been an American mod. I just hope they have the guts to own up as to why they did it without any notice or comments.

Col
__________________
"America is pregnant with promises and anticipation, but is murdered by the hand of the inevitable."
ColinEssex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:00 AM   #10
Rich
Newly Registered User
 
Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: searching the truth
Posts: 2,898
Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rich is on a distinguished road
Re: Yet another thread deleted? No reasons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thales750 View Post
I think for my own part I will not be participating in them any longer. Rich and Col both glean some kind of perverse pleasure from insulting others, and engaging them in useless conversations.
Yes you'd rather take part in a thread where some guy blowing his own trumpet call me a dipshit when I was arguing the same point as a three star AMERICAN general, now either the General's a traitor and should be tried as such or he too by American posters own definition is also a dipshit. Mmmmm,
Of course he'll claim "free" speech under article 1 of the constitution, oddly enough the first people to deny that freedom to the rest of the World are Americans who claim to live their lives under a "free speech" banner, the only insult my friend (aside from the personal ones aimed at me) is to intelligence and the ability to question the status quo
__________________
Amateurs...built the ark.Professionals...built the Titanic
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:42 AM   #11
Fifty2One
Legend in my own mind
 
Fifty2One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Eastern Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,412
Thanks: 6
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Fifty2One is on a distinguished road
Re: Yet another thread deleted? No reasons?

Rich you are a potty mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajetrumpet View Post
I believe it is spelt like this: "Rich is a dip$hit"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Yes you'd rather take part in a thread where some guy blowing his own trumpet call me a dipshit when I was arguing the same point as a three star AMERICAN general, now either the General's a traitor and should be tried as such or he too by American posters own definition is also a dipshit. Mmmmm,
Of course he'll claim "free" speech under article 1 of the constitution, oddly enough the first people to deny that freedom to the rest of the World are Americans who claim to live their lives under a "free speech" banner, the only insult my friend (aside from the personal ones aimed at me) is to intelligence and the ability to question the status quo
__________________
Processed on shared equipment that may have come in contact with nuts.
Fifty2One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:46 AM   #12
Fifty2One
Legend in my own mind
 
Fifty2One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Eastern Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,412
Thanks: 6
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Fifty2One is on a distinguished road
Re: Yet another thread deleted? No reasons?

Would you like to know? Everyone else who posted on that thread understood why it was being deleted, perhaps you need to think it out more

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinEssex View Post
I wouldn't say the moderator (whoever it was) is bad - that seems a little harsh to me, but if you think the moderators are bad then that's up to you.

Perhaps a little insensitive and dictatorial perhaps. So it must have been an American mod. I just hope they have the guts to own up as to why they did it without any notice or comments.

Col
__________________
Processed on shared equipment that may have come in contact with nuts.
Fifty2One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:55 AM   #13
Rich
Newly Registered User
 
Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: searching the truth
Posts: 2,898
Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rich is on a distinguished road
Re: Yet another thread deleted? No reasons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty2One View Post
Rich you are a potty mouth
Hey, blinkered here's your own mother country's take on the original topic, hell you might find a French translation so that you can understand it
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/ne...-14640487.html
__________________
Amateurs...built the ark.Professionals...built the Titanic
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:30 PM   #14
Fifty2One
Legend in my own mind
 
Fifty2One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Eastern Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,412
Thanks: 6
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Fifty2One is on a distinguished road
Re: Yet another thread deleted? No reasons?

Hey, geographically challenged one - that is from The Belfast Telegraph... I believe they still keep Belfast in Ireland (irony noticed about the occupation reference there, see I am learning this British irony thing) I live in Canada, you were closer geographically before when you guessed USA.
I am at a loss to see how translating something from French would benefit me more then translation it from English, but I can not find the French part of the Belfast Telegraph site.
Why would you think I am particularly interested in the Irish take on France's whining about USA's handling of the airport in Port au Prince?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Hey, blinkered here's your own mother country's take on the original topic, hell you might find a French translation so that you can understand it
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/ne...-14640487.html
__________________
Processed on shared equipment that may have come in contact with nuts.

Last edited by Fifty2One; 01-23-2010 at 12:30 PM. Reason: ooops forgot the traditional smilie
Fifty2One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:01 PM   #15
ColinEssex
Old registered user
 
ColinEssex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 8,014
Thanks: 1
Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts
ColinEssex will become famous soon enough
Re: Yet another thread deleted? No reasons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty2One View Post
Would you like to know? Everyone else who posted on that thread understood why it was being deleted, perhaps you need to think it out more
Do you have evidence of how everyone knew who posted on the thread? Please post it.

Your words "understood why it was being deleted" indicates they all knew at the time and not after the deletion. Can you post as to how all the posters knew it was being deleted, yet I did not?

Thank you, I expect you'll take the North American stance and ignore the direct questions. However I shall continue to ask until you reply - I don't give up. Ask Bobby - he is still being questioned by me but refusing to answer.

Col

__________________
"America is pregnant with promises and anticipation, but is murdered by the hand of the inevitable."
ColinEssex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Attachment field not properly deleted if parent row is deleted redMouse Tables 2 06-24-2009 12:12 AM
Deleted Record Re-Appears KeKeR Tables 7 06-12-2009 07:12 PM
Record Deleted when using append query poohgc Queries 0 05-13-2009 08:52 AM
Object deleted from form but still there when selecting in VBA code aldeb Forms 3 10-14-2008 09:41 AM
Deleted table/field still haunting me! Pls help HarmonyGirl Forms 3 03-15-2001 05:33 AM




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:12 PM.


Microsoft Access Help
General
Tables
Queries
Forms
Reports
Macros
Modules & VBA
Theory & Practice
Access FAQs
Code Repository
Sample Databases
Video Tutorials

Sponsored Links

How to advertise

Media Kit


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) copyright 2017 Access World