#Type! error (1 Viewer)

costla

Local time
Yesterday, 21:43
Using Access 2010. I am familiar with code but am strictly working with the built-in features at this time. I am trying to sum two subreports into a field on the main report and it works great until the field is blank.

I used the builder and tried the Is Null function - there is no change. If I use the NZ function then it gives me a #Size! error.

Can anyone help me? I need this report ASAP of course, big fundraiser and this is the final receipt!

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:43
I don't quite follow but the IsError() function can be useful in this kind of situation.

IIF(IsError(whatever),Null,whatever)

costla

Local time
Yesterday, 21:43
Well, I worked with someone who uses Access 2007 and he said it sounded like there wasn't any data on one of the subreports and to put some invisible fields in the main report and use this as a control source:

=IIf([AuctionItemsSubreport].[Report].[HasData]=-1,[AuctionItemsSubreport].[Report]![Sum Of Winning Bid Price],0)

That way when there was no data on the subform it would kick out a zero. By doing the same thing for BOTH subforms, I could then add up the total and get the correct amount without the error.

Hope this helps someone!

stucky

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:43
hi new to this cotton
and quite frankly find it far too complicated

what is a type errrrror

see what i mean

thanks for the advertisement though...really helpful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom