Access 2013 Navigation Pane-too much real estate (1 Viewer)

rron

Local time
Yesterday, 21:49
Hello

I have been using Access through its various versions, and only recently made the jump from 2007 to 2013, and so, am discovering some of the small frustrations of this newest version.

In Access 2013, within the Navigation pane, too much space is used, ie the row height for each line item, is too large.
An object icon (ie a table, query, form) is about 1/4 height of the total row height, thus there is a lot of white space.
See attachment - NavigationPane.jpg
Is there a way to reduce row height in order to see more items?

I use Windows 8.1, Access 2013 on a Dell XPS 13 Touch screen, i7, which has the high resolution screen.
There is a toggle for mouse/ touch mode, but this changes row height very little. I don’t know if my “space” problem is associated with the high resolution screen, and so may require a adjustment outside of Access in Windows.

I hope that you may be able to suggest a solution.

Rron

Attachments

• NavigationPane.jpg
    NavigationPane.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 166

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 06:49
Did you play with the display options (View By) when right-clicking the All Access Objects?

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 06:49
I have a Surface Pro 2 with 1920 x 1080, so presumably like yours, and in my A2010 the display is normal, not so much wasted space as in yours.

speakers_86

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:49
You can try my NavBar addin. I don't know if it works with 2013. It duplicates the navigation bar and puts it on the home tab of the ribbon. It works well, but I do need to make some small changes.

edit- here is the link.

Last edited:

speakers_86

Registered User.
Local time
Oh, I just rediscovered that I uploaded the msi instead of the exe. The moderators are hesitant to let me post it for security reasons, so I haven't been able to fix it. I'm planning on posting it somewhere else, but just haven't yet.

rron

Local time
Yesterday, 21:49
thank you Spikepl
By changing to the icon display option, as you suggested, indeed does make the icon larger, see attached, but the row height doesn't change.
I note also from Speakers_86 suggestion, and his screen image, the icon size, and row height, seem the same relative sizes.
So, in conclusion, I guess there is no way to reduce the row height to have more objects visible.
Thanks sincerely for your suggestions.

Attachments

• Navigation2.jpg
    Navigation2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 101

speakers_86

Registered User.
Local time
If you pm me an email address I can send you my addon if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom