Corruntion from AMD Radeon (1 Viewer)

Toolpusher

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:25
I have a singe user DB running on a coal business for a number of years . The pc was an old intel and Nivida GPC. Recently the business decided to upgrade to a new PC . They chose a AMD and Radeon PC. All seemed to go well regards the change over.

I noticed when testing DB on new PC when I changed the resolution down slightly from the recommended I got a corruption when the date picker was selected. The program would freeze requiring Clt-Alt-Del to kill access. DB would then remain corrupted telling me I had duplicate data when in fact there was none. I tested DB on several PC's with intel and nividia GPU and I was able to chance resolution as required. The DB now runs fine on the AMD pc on the recommended settings. Just find it hard to understand why selecting a date picker corrupts DB beyond repair?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 18:25
No idea on how your problem happened, but you did say everything is fine now?

Toolpusher

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:25
Yes as long as I don't change the resolution. As its a single user DB I never bothered to split the database but I will try this to see if there's and difference. As changing the graphics resolution should not corrupt a DB

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 23:25
What Windows version were you running before and after the computer update?
Also what version of MS-Access before and after?

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 18:25
What version of access was the database written with?
Wasn't there a version of an activex datepicker that was deprecated?

Last edited:

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 23:25
Did you try to create a new database with a new form and a date picker in it?
If that works okay, I would delete the control in the old database with the date picker and create it from new!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom