Remove "potential security concern" (1 Viewer)

JohnPapa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:30
I am getting "A potential security concern has been identified", when I open a db. I would like to suppress this message. I have looked at several solutions like inserting pathname in Trusted Area or editing the Registry.

I use Access 2013 Runtime. Can someone suggest a simple way, if one exists, to suppress this message?

JohnPapa

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks vbaInet,

Are you aware of a way to automatically update the registry through vba? I have seen various ways of manually doing this.

JohnPapa

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks spikepl,

The solution that you refer to would need to update, for Access 2013, the following and for each Access there is a corresponding code

Code:
 Access 2013:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Access\Security\Trusted Locations]
 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Access\Security\Trusted Locations\Location(n)]

What I need is something which is Access independent, or better something which would work with the Access 2013 RUNTIME. I cannot depend on Access being installed.

Regards,
John

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 12:30
Huh? What prevents you running the lot? Did you scroll down to see the executables? To be honest I really cannot be bothered when people do not read the link posted in full.

JohnPapa

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks spikepl,

When I ran the executable it gave me a message in German that it could not create directory.

I believe the best way forward for me would be to programmatically update the registry for the specific installation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom