Auto Resize Problem (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:49
I am updating some of my old database projects and I note that the Pop-Up forms pop-up, but in a vastly exaggerated size.

After some fiddling about I found a form property "Auto Resize". It was set to "No" --- I set it to "Yes" and the popups went back to the original sizes they were designed to be.

I can't remember seeing this auto resize property before? Is it something new? Or is it just something I missed! If it was already there, why has it suddenly started causing me problems?

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 11:49
Pretty sure it has been there since at least A95.
Yes

True

(Default) The Form window or Report window is automatically sized to display a complete record.

No

False

When opened, the Form window or Report window has the last saved size. To save a window's size, open the form, size the window, save the form by clicking Save on the File menu, and close the form or report. When you next open the form or report, it will be the saved window size.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:49
another alternative is to have code in the form's open event

runcommand accmdsizetofitform

it forces the form to match the size you designed it, which may be the same as the ccode you are now using. It's fine for single record forms, but sometimes not great for multi-record.(continuous)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom