N00b in MS Access from Rio de Janeiro (1 Viewer)

DBApprentice

On Error GoTo AWF *****:
Local time
Today, 05:34
Hello, Guys!

My name is Diogo and I am savvy Excel user looking forward to move projects from that application to Access as I recently realized this is the way to go.

I have been reading a lot about Access, Database design and Relationships, VBA and building applications.

Always working on trial and error basis and scavanging trhough all forums and support sites to help me finish parts of my projects.

In order to help me to get better and better in Access and VBA for it I decided to enter Access World.

Regards,
Diogo Cuba

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 16:34
welcome and merry xmas!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:34
Always happy to welcome new people with new interests.

Since you've been doing a lot of reading anyway, if you haven't added this topic to your list, read up on "Database Normalization." It's part of a good database design, so perhaps you have already hit this anyway. If you haven't, it's a good topic to understand.

DBApprentice

On Error GoTo AWF *****:
Local time
Always happy to welcome new people with new interests.

Since you've been doing a lot of reading anyway, if you haven't added this topic to your list, read up on "Database Normalization." It's part of a good database design, so perhaps you have already hit this anyway. If you haven't, it's a good topic to understand.

Indeed I have been reading a lot about Database design and normalization is something that is still being procesed by my brain slowly.

That is one of the things that sometimes I believe I understand and then I find myself staring at the screen wondering what is going with this topic.

Any good book about normalization recommendation?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:34
Any good book about normalization recommendation?

I do not know of any good books about normalization because, while it is an incredibly important topic, it isn't worth a whole book. Maybe just a good chapter. (Unless your name was either Boyce or Codd and the book was your doctoral dissertation on the topic.)

The problem with learning about normalization is that there are a gazillion rules because it is like a brilliant-cut diamond. It is one single gem but you see many facets as you turn it this way or that way. Sometimes you see a light sparkling inside; other times it seems to have a shadowy center.

To be honest, even the experienced people here will sometimes not instantly recognize the right way to normalize something. But as long as you have it on your "to do" list, you are going the right way.

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:34
Hello, Guys!

My name is Diogo and I am savvy Excel user looking forward to move projects from that application to Access as I recently realized this is the way to go.

I have been reading a lot about Access, Database design and Relationships, VBA and building applications.

Always working on trial and error basis and scavanging trhough all forums and support sites to help me finish parts of my projects.

In order to help me to get better and better in Access and VBA for it I decided to enter Access World.

Regards,
Diogo Cuba

Seja bem-vindo! A gente aqui e muito legal. Voce fala inglês muito bem, carioca!

Feliz natal!

(Translation. Welcome. We are really cool/nice here. You speak English really well, person from Rio)

SHADOW

DBApprentice

On Error GoTo AWF *****:
Local time
Seja bem-vindo! A gente aqui e muito legal. Voce fala inglês muito bem, carioca!

Feliz natal!
SHADOW

Merry Xmas and Happy new year, Shadow!

That´s would be a very nice nickname: Carioca_Grasshopper! I wish I had that idea before...

:):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom