Connecting to a Google Sheet (1 Viewer)

Martin Wulfe

Local time
Today, 02:39
Is there anything new to help me link my Access database to a Google sheet?

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:39
Can't help with that, other than to issue a word of caution on building anything around a product that Google supports today but probably not tomorrow, if you get my meaning.
If you're downloading the data first, that would be different.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:39
Is there anything new to help me link my Access database to a Google sheet?
Find and read Bruce McPherson's desktop liberation website.

Bruce has done a lot with VBA and Google Apps scripts integration. He might have something that you could use, I'm not too sure!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:39
link my Access database to a Google sheet?

In this blog:-

http://ramblings.mcpher.com/Home/excelquirks/exceldocsintegration/excelsheetsv4

Bruce demonstrates how to upload and download to an Excel spreadsheet.

In other words there's nothing on Bruce's site directly related to MS Access, (I don't think) however if the code works with VBA in Excel, then you should be able to adapt it to work with Microsoft Access...

I have a vague memory of trying to use Bruce's code to integrate MS Access and GAS a while back, however I think I ran into a problem in that I could not get one of the class modules to work.

I'm not really sure of my ground here, but I think it was a class module from somewhere else. A JSON one if I recall....

After the fact, I realised my mistake, in other words when you can't get something to work, it's invariably user error! In this case I think my mistake was, I was either using a module as a class or a class as a module.

I don't know if I've still got my unsuccessful attempts hidden away somewhere.

It is something I've been meaning to go back to. If you fancy tackling it, then maybe we could work on it together.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Cubsm22p

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:39
I would recommend exporting all your access tables to excel spreadsheets. Then from there you can import those excel spreadsheets into Google spreadsheets.

Good luck,

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom