Adventures in Cable Cutting (1 Viewer)

cygnus

Local time
Today, 04:51
We're going to need another solution for watching Netflix and Hulu, because apparently Nintendo is going to end support for the wii later this month? So annoying! We haven't had cable for years, and that's OK...binge-watching is more my style anyway.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 05:51
The net neutrality repeal doesn't result in Netflix raising prices - it results in carriers deliberately blocking or slowing access to competitors and political opponents, and to internet plans that look like this:

Attachments

• NetNeutralityRepealResults.jpg
    NetNeutralityRepealResults.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 257

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 05:51
We're going to need another solution for watching Netflix and Hulu, because apparently Nintendo is going to end support for the wii later this month? So annoying! We haven't had cable for years, and that's OK...binge-watching is more my style anyway.
You should be able to replace your Nintendo with one of the devices listed below to watch Netflix and HULU. This also assumes that you have an HDMI slot available on your TV.

Amazon FireTV

Roku

Chromcast

Sorry to hear that Nintendo is going to end support for the WII. Does that pertain to all models? We never bought one, but had considered buying a WII at one time.

Last edited:

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:51
Geez, you must really like watching the Tele... lol

Four adults in the house - so necessary evil...

And we get everything for that; sports, movies, HBO, netflix and On demand services from the major UK broadcasters all integrated into the same PVR planner. I have to say that the UI is one of the best I've ever encountered.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:51
I been seriously considering cutting the cable in our house. We have DirecTV, but paying way too much for the small number of channels we watch (probably less than 20 and five of those are local over the air channels). But we will miss our DVR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom