Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > General

Old 01-18-2019, 01:38 AM   #16
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 2,445 Times in 2,247 Posts
isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all
Re: Import csv with US regional settings

See post 9 to understand why I'm asking for multiple rows.

Website links:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Colin
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:45 AM   #17
jaryszek
Newly Registered User

jaryszek is on a distinguished road

Ok,

added few rows and changed OSversion to be different.

Best,
Jacek
Attached Files
File Type: zip Volumes.zip (284 Bytes, 8 views)
jaryszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 02:11 AM   #18
isladogs
Part time moderator

isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all

You seem to be wanting 2 contradictory things here
1. The decimal point to be changed to commas e.g. 12,3 as in Polish number settings
2. The OSVersion field to be text which will retain the decimal point

Attached is a zip file with example db & linked csv file.
To specify text for that column when relinked, do what the screenshot shows.

I have created a local table for importing to & 3 versions of an append query for you to try out.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (26.2 KB, 8 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Jaracek Example Import.zip (22.3 KB, 12 views)

Website links:

Colin
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
The Following User Says Thank You to isladogs For This Useful Post:
jaryszek (01-18-2019)
Old 01-18-2019, 02:39 AM   #19
jaryszek
Newly Registered User

wow thank you very much,
problem is that i can not relink the file so i started to create link once again using wizard.

And still have the same problem with linking tables :
"Text file specification field separator matches decimal separator or text delimiter"

Best,
Jacek
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_9.jpg (91.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_8.jpg (89.8 KB, 11 views)
Old 01-18-2019, 02:49 AM   #20
jaryszek
Newly Registered User

Colin,

i found out that when i will change decimal simbol in get external source wizard i have:

And this is working like a charm
Can i do something similar with VBA?

Best,
Jacek
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_10.jpg (95.1 KB, 43 views)
Old 01-18-2019, 03:00 AM   #21
jaryszek
Newly Registered User

Ok i think that this is solving the problem and this is better than microsoft solution. I can save imported steps with adnavec settings wow
Old 01-18-2019, 03:12 AM   #22
isladogs
Part time moderator

If you've found a solution, that's great though I've no idea what adnavec settings are.
Personally I would just save your import settings when it's working.

However I would just use a number datatype for OSVersion and let Access convert the d.p. to a comma which should I believe work perfectly

Website links:

Colin
The Following User Says Thank You to isladogs For This Useful Post:
jaryszek (01-18-2019)
Old 01-18-2019, 03:19 AM   #23
jaryszek
Newly Registered User

Hi Colin,

when you are using get source data as file you have wizard and there you have also advance settings.

Quote:
However I would just use a number datatype for OSVersion and let Access convert the d.p. to a comma which should I believe work perfectly
ok but in this case you should first use the number and use a query or something like that to update all numbers with decimal to comma yes?

so 2 steps instead of using wizard and saved import steps.

Best,
Jacek
Old 01-18-2019, 03:38 AM   #24
isladogs
Part time moderator

So 'adnavec' was 'advanced' settings....

Access will normally handle dates correctly displaying in the local format.
Does it not do the same with decimal points to commas in number fields?

If not, you could certainly replace the dots with commas as I did in two of my example append queries. However, I would just use whatever is the simplest solution for you

Website links:

Colin

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: