I Need more fields from my DB (1 Viewer)

Kodama76

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:28
I'm guessing this a simple matter though I did some searching and don't know how else to go about it....

I have an access database on my site that is referenced by an aspx page created by my predocessor in C#. I know enough html and other programming to edit it but I need to make some "additions" and don't know where to start.

My aspx page currently displays/references several of the fields from a brokers table in my database. There are three more fields in that table that I want to display now but I can't figure out where to add the references in the aspx file. Should I post a copy of the file or can someone point me in the direction of what coding "keywords" should I be looking for or what additional file that might be in?

I thought the lines like these were the references:
<asp:BoundField DataField="Broker_Id" HeaderText="Broker_Id" InsertVisible="False" ReadOnly="True" SortExpression="Broker_Id" Visible="False" />

Thanks!

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 00:28
I'm guessing you'll need to find the 'Select' statement within the asp control tags and modify it. If it is something like 'Select *' then it looks like you may be on the right track with the boundfield tag...

Kodama76

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:28
Thanks, I was expecting some kind of select statement that made more sense but all I could find was something along these lines:
<asp:GridView ID="gvBrokers" runat="server" AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True" DataSourceID="qtBrokers" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="Broker_Id"

So I wandered around through each of the other files looking for something that called out each individual field and found an XSD file that listed each field. I added the fields I wanted to this file and low and behold my aspx page displayed them now.

Thanks anyways for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom