Hello from a new user... (1 Viewer)

RandomCoder

Local time
Today, 19:01
My name is Alan but I go by the username RandomCoder as I feel this is particularly apt for me.

My day-to-day duties generally involve programming PLCs using ladder-logic and statement list, I have experience with Allen Bradley, Siemens and Mitsubishi. We also have many machines running on a purpose built micro-board which is programmed with machine code and Intel PLM.
In a past life I was also responsible for maintaining several Kawasaki 6-axis robots, these were programmed using a language called AS (I do miss this aspect of the job :rolleyes:).
As the manager of an electronics department I am now also responsible for a large Access 2003 database that is used to record everything from Electrical Test & Inspection records to Machine Breakdowns and Routine Machine Maintenance of various equipment/systems, this is the reason for me joining you're community today! At present I am playing with PivotCharts to analyse machine downtime and time spent doing routine maintenance. It's all working very well so far but I wish to do more using some underlying VBA code to manipulate the chart, if you know of any usefull rsources then please feel free to point me in the direction! ;)

Finally, I love learning new things and particularly like a challenge. Just lately I've been programming for Android handsets and before that I programmed several apps for my Windows Mobile phone. I don't expect to be handed all the answers as where's the fun in that?
Now I must get on and research further on how to get the best out of Access!

Kind Regards,
RandomCoder

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom