Forms Misbehaving (1 Viewer)

PeteB

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:41
High Guys
I’ve created a Navigation form with 2 levels of horizontal tabs (currently 6 tabs). Each tab calls a ‘Search Form’ with fields devised to extract data from one of 5 different tables/queries. Clicking on a tab should open the form within the constraints of the area below the tabs (as per form with grey background). Alas only two tabs/forms behave thus. Clicking on other tabs opens forms ‘pop-up’ style in some random position (as per that with orange background in the second screenshot).
Properties of all the forms appear the same.
Please can anyone suggest a solution?
(screenshots in attached zip file)

Attachments

• Forms.zip
    102.2 KB · Views: 39

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:41
That looks like the form is set to pop up / modal.
What is the code that opens the incorrect form, as those settings can be made both at a form level and in the opening method.

By the way you could upload the pictures to the site then link them to view rather than zipping them. People are less likely to open a zip than peer at a picture.

PeteB

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:41
Hi Minty
Thanks for reponding. That's what I thought to start with but I checked and both Pop-up and Modal are set to No. Strange thing is that when the forms are opened in Design view all six open beneath the tabs but then clicking a tab after switching to Form view results in the misbehaving forms openeing in a random position. Forms are opened via a macro, exactly as Microsoft suggest, set to Form view. Any more ideas?

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:41
Hmm, can you post the steps in the Macro. It may one of those steps causing it to open as a pop-up.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:41
Hmm, could be sounds almost exactly what you are experiencing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom