Favicons (1 Viewer)

cross5900

Blarg!
Local time
Yesterday, 22:59
I am creating an intranet site and would really like to use a custom icon near the URL bar or a Favicon.

The only problem is that I have tried
Code:
<link rel="Shortcut Icon" href="S:\Common\Website\Images\favicon.ico" />

and I have gotten no results, is this possible with an intranet? Is there an extra line of code I need?

Thanks for any help ahead of time.

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:59
That the right code kind of, try
Code:
<link rel="Shortcut Icon" href="/Images/favicon.ico" />
This is assuming your page is located in the website folder, also check it in the head part of the page and it's the right size;)

cross5900

Blarg!
Local time
well to be honest, I am not sure what you mean by website folder other than it is in a folder called "Website"

I did try the /images/favicon.ico and with no luck, also found out it doesn't work in IE6 and decided to give up... odd thing is that it did not work in Firefox either, it just left a white space next to the URL.

icon is 16x16 sized icon as well.

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:59
cross5900 said:
well to be honest, I am not sure what you mean by website folder other than it is in a folder called "Website"

That is what I meant i.e. you page is located in your folder called "website" so your relative path is correct, your icon is the right size and the code works for me in both FF and IE :confused: Leave the code in and post the url of your site and I can check 'from my end' as it were. I've got the developer extension for FF so I should be able to check for any errors.

cross5900

Blarg!
Local time
Unfortunately I can not post the site due to it being on a server and not accessible to an outside source.

I will see if I can manage something by posting it on my ISP free webspace over the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom