MS Streets and Trips 2008 (1 Viewer)

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:40
I have been using MS Streets and Trips since 2004 and its performance is not bad. I just bought the 2008 edition and any address I enter unless it's on a major street cannot be located!

I called MS support and after about half an hour, got to a tech guy. He told that I should give him a list of addresses that cannot be located so the design people can add them to the list! I told him that it's unacceptable to sell a product claiming that it has US and Canadian addresses and not have Canadian addresses (I'm in Toronto) and then ask the people who paid the money to give them the addresses so they can fill them in!

He said that they know about the problem and they may have a "patch" in 3 or 4 months and that I can get a refund if I want.

I think it's completely unacceptable to sell a knowing defective product that is almost useless in the market that it's being sold in without notifying the potential purchaser. Even if they will give a refund, this certainly lowers Microsoft's image in my mind.

His response to this is that I'm lucky that it installed and opened because most people who call are complaining that they can't get it running.

Go figure...

SHADOW

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:40
TBH I'm not too familiar with MS Streets and Trips but if you want an accurate, online and most importantly free mapping/ direction app use Google Maps or even Multimap. Google maps in particular is adding new features like streetview which give you photo's of you destination/ current location. They are also doing great things with Google Earth like implementing GPS with it :cool:

There is virtually no app that doesn't get made for free - see this thread for a small sample ;)

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
TBH I'm not too familiar with MS Streets and Trips but if you want an accurate, online and most importantly free mapping/ direction app use Google Maps or even Multimap. Google maps in particular is adding new features like streetview which give you photo's of you destination/ current location. They are also doing great things with Google Earth like implementing GPS with it :cool:

There is virtually no app that doesn't get made for free - see this thread for a small sample ;)

Sounds cool but how do I load them onto my laptop so I can find clients?

neileg

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:40
I think this is why MS have just bought Multimap!

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:40
Sounds cool but how do I load them onto my laptop so I can find clients?

Ah sorry didn't consider offline sorry. I know this is not ideal but in the short term why not downgrade for now and keep an eye out for the patch (as with most Microsoft products :p).

Or you could look in another direction:

Do you have a GPS phone ? - both Google maps and Google Earth with work with it and do other products.

Invest in a PDA and see above

Or even better if your using a laptop buy a GPS card like this and you can be fully live all the time. How :cool: is that

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Ah sorry didn't consider offline sorry. I know this is not ideal but in the short term why not downgrade for now and keep an eye out for the patch (as with most Microsoft products :p).

That's what I did. I brought it back to the store an reinstalled 2007.

I'm sure there are other alternatives but this is by far the cheapest. Either way, Microsoft has NO excuse for selling a product knowing that it doesn't meet the product description and continuing to sell it that way. I'm not a lawyer but I consider that to be fraud.

SHADOW

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom