Web interface (1 Viewer)

knightjp

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:56
Hey there,

I created an access database with forms, etc....

I need to make a website or web interface for it. Does anyone have an idea on how I do this?
I need to be able to get reports and edit and add / delete data from the DB.

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:56
Hey there,

I created an access database with forms, etc....

I need to make a website or web interface for it. Does anyone have an idea on how I do this?
I need to be able to get reports and edit and add / delete data from the DB.

ASP would be a good approach for that.

SHADOW

Clintimania

Registered User.
Local time
I have the same need/question, but I do not know anything about ASP. Is there anyway to make a webpage that will look and work just like a form using the tools in access?

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:56
In Access 2007, ADP are no longer supports, so the ASP (VB) ius an alternative. Unless I have missed the boat, I find forms very limiting, the rest of ASP is great but I do'nt need to input or delete.

No criticism to you both, but ASP is a world apart from Access, there is a learning curve, and the effort to get up to speed with ASP has to be measured against how important the web interface is to the business.

Simon

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
No criticism to you both, but ASP is a world apart from Access, there is a learning curve, and the effort to get up to speed with ASP has to be measured against how important the web interface is to the business.

Simon

Thanks for expanding on my brief suggestion about ASP.

Another question to ask is why you want a web application? Often the goal is to have people access the database from off-site locations. There are other alternatives (such as MS Terminal Services) for that need that require no change to the database. (Provided that it's split properly to accommodate the need for multiple users)

SHADOW

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 05:56
In Access 2007, ADP are no longer supports,
Wrong item - You mean DAP (Data Access Pages), not ADP which 2007 still supports. DAP was the part that was deprecated by Microsoft.

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:56
Sorry Bob, I'm a little dyslexic, try me on From and Form and I still use then the wrong way round and you will notice my placement of '" or "' is cockeyed.

Even if there were ADP's I tried converting ASP Classic to ASP Net using a MS tool but only once, the resulting code just shambolic. IBM!

I agree with Hi-Tech Coach, a Terminal Server is a really good solution. I've said this before, all that is happening remotely are screen dumps and unless you have images to contend with this is PDQ. There is no additional programming in Access and all the data calls are local so it is very responsive.

Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom