Which software to purchase to facilitate SQL learning? (1 Viewer)

machumpion

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:57
G'day

The company I work for is looking into purchasing ERP & data visualization tools very soon.

I am a beginner in SQL and would like a system that, through extended use, eventually develops sound SQL skills.

My familiarity with SQL/ERPs/Data visualization is very limited. The company requires inventory management, forecasting, and accounting abilities. Here are some software names being thrown around.

iDampiere
Mini SAP
Netsuite
PowerBI

If you were someone who wanted to develop SQL skills, which software would you consider strongly? Thanks!

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:57
SQL varies. SQL in MYSQL is not exactly the same as SQL in Access for example. It would probably be best to learn SQL in the application you are going to use.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:57
Check which database those applications are based on and plump for that. I believe SAP and PowerBI are MS SQL Server based. Power BI must be it's a MS product.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Check which database those applications are based on and plump for that. I believe SAP and PowerBI are MS SQL Server based. Power BI must be it's a MS product.
Power BI can consume data from a large number of data sources, including .XLSX files and accdbs. It's a data visualization tool, not a database server tool.
1650285967122.png

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 09:57
George,
@Danishtj just resurrected almost a 6 year old thread. :)
Seems to be doing it to a few old threads, one over 12 years old. :(

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
George,
@Danishtj just resurrected almost a 6 year old thread. :)
Seems to be doing it to a few old threads, one over 12 years old. :(
I just tumbled to that.:oops: Interesting strategy. Maybe safer than trying to respond to newer ones, though. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom