Does anyone know anything about A2L Files? (1 Viewer)

aaronb50

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:44
We have a new engine coming soon and the guy who wrote the LabView program for our current engine has retired. I've been tasked with coming up with a program for the test bed for our new engine.

I see that we can read/write to an Access table with LabView so as of know, I'm going to make the front and back end in Access, and then pass and receive the data from LabView which I will use to pass and receive the data from the CAN/ECU on the engine. (If that does not work I'll have to keep learning LabView.)

The problem I'm having is I don't know what these A2L files look like or how to write them and I don't see much out there to learn.

I just need to be able to control the throttle and loads to the alternator. And receive the data back so we can see their current state.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:44
The problem I'm having is I don't know what these A2L files look like or how to write them and I don't see much out there to learn.

Me to. Same goes for LabView and the CAN/ECU. If you want help you're going to have to describe the issue in terms we all understand. Jargon and quasi-database terms won't help.

?? How come things have changed now that someone has retired? Did nobody know he was scheduled/planned for retirement? Seems like somebody dropped the ball here.

Your best strategy is to deal with/tlk to the guy who designed and built the database.
Failing that, you have a lot of analysis and design steps ahead of you.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom