Excel 2016- Loading Power Query into Power Pivot (1 Viewer)

machumpion

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:31
For some reason I am unable to load data (connected to Oracle) I've modified with Power Query into Power Pivot.

From Power query, I created a connection to the data model only. From Power Pivot I then try to load it from "existing connections"

This is the message I get:
"The connection you’re trying to open was created with Power Query. To change this connection, use Power Query."

I then try to go to the Workbook Queries panel and "Load To" the data model. But the data still does not appear in Power Pivot.

Does anyone know how to do it?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 10:31
For some reason I am unable to load data (connected to Oracle) I've modified with Power Query into Power Pivot.

From Power query, I created a connection to the data model only. From Power Pivot I then try to load it from "existing connections"

This is the message I get:
"The connection you’re trying to open was created with Power Query. To change this connection, use Power Query."

I then try to go to the Workbook Queries panel and "Load To" the data model. But the data still does not appear in Power Pivot.

Does anyone know how to do it?

I don't use pivot tables but I do use Power Query
Suggest you run Power Query on your imported data then save it as one or more worksheets depending on the data.
Then do the pivot table work on the worksheet created

machumpion

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:31
it turns out when you initially load the Power Query you have to load it as connection only and not to the data model.

then in the workbook queries panel, you load it to the data model from there.

then it will appear in Power Pivot

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom