Access vba running Outlook Emails (1 Viewer)

redxtb

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:19
Has anyone else experienced this issue?

when using vba to send emails ( i send about 1600 a day to different recipients with different data and attachments in each one.) it seems that i am only allowed to send 5 a minute. I need to increase this to 100/minute. I checked with my exchange folks and they said it is not there. I am thinking it has something to do with 2016. In 2010 i did not have this issue. I could send out 1000 emails in a matter of 15 minutes. Now it takes 3 hours.

any help would be appreciated! Happy Thanksgiving!

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 08:19
Happy Thanksgiving to you as well, redxtb. This is an interesting question. I assume that your company recently “upgraded” to MS 2016 so you are using Outlook 2016 as well as Access 2016?

If this is the case then the problem could be not just in Access. To be truthful, I have no idea why it would take so much longer than before without seeing what your Macro/VBA Code looks like. Is it possible to post it so that others can have a look at it?

Orthodox Dave

Home Developer
Local time
Today, 13:19
If you haven't changed your VBA code, then it doesn't sound like an Access problem. When Outlook was upgraded to 2016, perhaps some settings were changed at the same time. There are some tips here:

https://appuals.com/fix-outlook-2016-slow-windows-10/

Otherwise you are way out of my league (1600 emails a day!)

redxtb

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:19
the code is actually pretty simple but it goes to a large group and it is on a loop.. Here is the code for reference only
Code:
Set appoutlook = GetObject(, "outlook.application")
        Set msg = appoutlook.createItemfromTemplate("\\itserver\public\SOP&A\Emails\templates\SVD20160518.msg")
        msg.to = txtEmail
        'msg.Body = ""

msg.Attachments.Add fldrSavePDF & numStore & "-SVD.pdf"
        msg.subject = txtSubject
        msg.display

msg.Send

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom