Extracting the displayed value from a textbox (1 Viewer)

fat controller

Slightly round the bend..
Local time
Today, 14:42
I have a text box which is calculates an individual's average number of accidents per year (Total Accidents/Years of Service) - I have this rounded to two decimal places. That text box will be hidden, but the information from it will form part of a text string that is visible.

Some people, who have been employed since God was a boy, have very low accident rates which seems to be chucking it a bit of a curve ball. I have one gu who has an average of 0.09 accidents per year, but in the text string this is showing up as 9.09090909090909E-02

If I make the original textbox visible, it is showing 0.09 - is there a way to extract the displayed value, rather than the calculated value?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 22:42
Use Format() function:

Me.lbl.Caption=Format(Me.txtBox, "#,##0.00")

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Also you can change the textbox so it has a fixed format with e.g. 2 decimal places

fat controller

Local time
Thank you both - working perfectly how. I did have the text box formatted to two decimal places, fixed, and that was working in terms of the display - - however, when I referenced that textbox in a text string, it was coming up with the weird numbers for those that were very low.

fat controller

Local time
Access..... helpful......... Hmmmmmmmm.........

Not often those two words are in the same sentence! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom