Two reports with same Record Source produce different results (1 Viewer)

johna

Local time
Tomorrow, 02:21
I don't have much experience with Access but I am a web programmer who has been tasked with rewriting/converting an application developed in Access (lots of Forms, Queries, Reports and Macros) to a web-based application.

I've run into two reports which have the same Record Source but produce a different number of results.

I've compared thoroughly the properties of both reports and can't work out why the difference.

I'm sure there's some filters hidden away that I haven't been able to find.

Here's a capture of the report properties, which is identical for both.

[I couldn't post image due to being a new member, but Record Source is the same, Filter is blank, Filter On Load is No, Allow Filters is Yes]

I've also checked for any VB code for the report and there is none, and looked at the macro code that opens the report but can't see anything.

I'm hoping that an Access expert can point me in the right direction of where I might look for some filtering options I may have missed???

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:21
Nothing comes to mind. If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:21
You can post an image before 10 posts if you zip it. Does the macro that opens the report have a where condition argument?

johna

Local time
You can post an image before 10 posts if you zip it. Does the macro that opens the report have a where condition argument?

No, the macro doesn't have a where condition.

Even if I open each report manually they give different results.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Barring some type of corruption, if the properties of the two reports are the same then they can't have the same recordsource.

I think you need to give more detail about those recordsources. You could post their SQL.

johna

Local time
Barring some type of corruption, if the properties of the two reports are the same then they can't have the same recordsource.

I think you need to give more detail about those recordsources. You could post their SQL.

The RecordSource is just a table name, not a query.

I must be missing something.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:21
Can you attach the db here?

johna

Local time
Can you attach the db here?

I work for an educational institution and the (two) files that form this application contain student personal data so I have to be a bit careful with what I do with it. I guess I could empty the data from the (many) tables but I will put in a bit more time and see if I can figure this out before I go down that path.

Appreciate the replies so far and generous offers to help.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Unlikely but always worth a try. Have you tried a Compact and Repair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom