ImportExport (1 Viewer)

QueryStumped

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:35
Hello...love this forum, very useful information. I am working on a MTQ and need to share the information with others, without having it linked into another database. Thought about the ImportExport command in a macro, but it tends to not refresh the data on a shared file folder. Please advise.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:35
don't know what an MTQ is, why not export data to excel and distribute the excel file?

Really think you need to clarify what you are trying to do - 'refresh the data'?

QueryStumped

Registered User.
Local time
I am running a macro that consist of a make table query, refreshing data records to share with other groups and export out via import export command to save the table as an Excel spreadsheet. When I did it, it's not capturing the new table. Didn't know when I export it out via macro command import export if it has to be a 97-2003 version or just Microsoft excel. Once it's exports out I am trying to run another import export command in another database to import the new table. That's when I notice new records are not included.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I am running a macro that consist of a make table query,
you will need to show your code - I'm guessing you do not delete the table before making it and have disabled warnings

If it is a macro, rather than vba code, I probably won't be able to help because I don't use them

QueryStumped

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you, I don't use code just macros. Just starting out... Appreciate your help

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
without knowing what your code/macros is, I cannot help.

Strongly recommend you do not rely on macro's - they are relatively limited in scope compared with VBA, cannot be annotated so you know what the code is supposed to be doing, do not provide any ability to debug and almost impossible to communicate to others for assistance.

There is a facility to convert macros to vba (see ribbon in design view). Once done, you can copy and paste the code to the forum and surround with code tags (highlight code and click the # button). Alternatively try taking a screenshot of the macro - go to the advanced editor and see the section on managing attachments to upload the screenshot.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Curious... Why are you using a Make Table Table Query? If the fields as always the same why not just empty said table and then refill it>

Side note, guessing here as I don't use macros but perhaps the new records are coming in because the Make Table isn't happening fast enough to be be populated.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
You can run macroes one step at a time, so you could try that approach.?

I am running a macro that consist of a make table query, refreshing data records to share with other groups and export out via import export command to save the table as an Excel spreadsheet. When I did it, it's not capturing the new table. Didn't know when I export it out via macro command import export if it has to be a 97-2003 version or just Microsoft excel. Once it's exports out I am trying to run another import export command in another database to import the new table. That's when I notice new records are not included.

QueryStumped

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you, I will apply all the suggestions when I get back to work, really appreciate all the feedback,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom