Shared PC VBA issues (1 Viewer)

SjCc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:07
Hi,

I am having a DB at my PC in drive D, iam using it fine, else the user is also using it fine but a form is associated with VBA and that is not runnging from user pc, i have shared db in shared folder and connectiion is through ethernet cable.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:07
If this is not a split database, then the odds are the other user is not mapping the network link as drive D:, so if either the table underlying the form or some action on the form tries to access drive D, it ain't there. That might have the indicated effect. But that's a guess based on the limited info you presented.

Tell us about the database infrastructure - things like single / split database, how it is accessed by you, details of how it is accessed by the user having the problem, ... things like that.

SjCc

Registered User.
Local time
If this is not a split database, then the odds are the other user is not mapping the network link as drive D:, so if either the table underlying the form or some action on the form tries to access drive D, it ain't there. That might have the indicated effect. But that's a guess based on the limited info you presented.

Tell us about the database infrastructure - things like single / split database, how it is accessed by you, details of how it is accessed by the user having the problem, ... things like that.

It is stored in my Drive "E"
It is single DB not splited one
I have shared it with user (only one) who is access my shared folder in drive E through ethernet cable not wifi, he is opening the DB by a shortcut given to him from the master file in the shared folder

SjCc

Registered User.
Local time
It is stored in my Drive "E"
It is single DB not splited one
I have shared it with user (only one) who is access my shared folder in drive E through ethernet cable not wifi, he is opening the DB by a shortcut given to him from the master file in the shared folder

In fact I just checked in that way that i took copy of DB from my mast location and paste that in user pc whereas the windows is same win 7 64 then i noticed that the vba is not calling from there as well.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 11:07
In any multiuser environment, split the database, place the BE in a shared network folder, give each user their on copy of the FE which needs to be on their hard drive.
That applies even if you only have one other user. Is that user your teacher?

SjCc

Registered User.
Local time
In any multiuser environment, split the database, place the BE in a shared network folder, give each user their on copy of the FE which needs to be on their hard drive.
That applies even if you only have one other user. Is that user your teacher?

heheheheheh :D

its not the matter of FE and DE i think,, because when i am running this DB on that particular pc then module is not working even then...

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Doesn't really matter if it is or not.
Colin has given you good advice, which should you ignore, will come back to bite you.

heheheheheh :D

its not the matter of FE and DE i think,, because when i am running this DB on that particular pc then module is not working even then...

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
does you other user have a copy of access? either full or runtime? So they are able to open the application?

The point about splitting the database and providing each user with their own copy of the front end is a valid one, ignore at your peril. Why do you think it is not possible for two people to work on the same excel/word/powerpoint/whatever? There are practical reasons. When it does go bang, you will lose everything, even backups might no longer work (assuming you are doing them).

With regards your problem, suggest your other user looks at their trust settings - see File>Options>Trust Centre

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom