Question Graph Resource Utilisation Along Timeline (1 Viewer)

Rookie

Local time
Today, 17:45
Rookie access user here, so apologies in advance if I’m pitching a softball.

My scenario is that I want to measure weekly workload percent utilisation across a range of projects. I was formerly using Excel spreadsheets, but the Access database manager with superior reference integrity and better reporting and user interface is what attracts me to make the switch. The only problem is that I just can’t seem to manipulate dates, which I currently have as column headers in a table!

So, the details are that I’ve built tables that capture staff names, clients, fees, projects, tasks, and perhaps most importantly, I’ve entered number of hours in a table with dates as column headers. I’ve made queries that sum hours so that I can then determine percent utilised. I would like to graph individual and group utilisation as a function of time. I’d also like to manipulate other parts of the data to report on different aspects that also relate to time eg number proposals, fees, clients, etc.

In short, I think my stumbling block is that I don’t know how to properly use dates.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could please suggest a solution to my predicament. Thanks in advance

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:45
It sounds like you have not normalised your data correctly in the switch from Excel to Access.

You should have a usage / date record , not dates as fields.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom