Securing Your Databases - A Tutorial (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 12:42
I have just added a detailed article to my website explaining how to make your Access databases as secure as possible.
The link is Securing Your Databases Tutorial

Attached is a PDF of the website article together with the example application containing the related code and which you can use to try out the different techniques before applying to your own databases.

I hope there is something of use here for many forum members

However, experienced developers will already know how to do most, if not all, of the techniques described.

See also:
Encrypted split no strings db
Compare Access File Security (ACCDB/ACCDE/MDB/MDE)

EDIT: Attached files have since been updated. Please download files from post #2 instead

Attachments

• Securing your database PDF.zip
    815.6 KB · Views: 746
  • SYD.zip
    83.1 KB · Views: 530
Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 12:42
Many thanks are due to Frothingslosh for informing me of an error related to disabling the Shift Bypass key.

I have updated both the example application and the PDF to version 1.3 to fix that error.
The app now contains a new module modSecurity containing a DisableShiftBypass function (together with EnableShiftBypass to reverse that change)

The same module also includes a ModifyStartupProps function that allows you to disable multiple items by changing the database properties.
In most cases you will need to close and reopen your database TWICE for the changes to take effect.
The first time the property will be created (if it doesn't exist).
The second time the property change will be implemented

Attachments

• SYD_v1.3.zip
    98.2 KB · Views: 668
  • Securing your database_v1.3 PDF.zip
    814.8 KB · Views: 745
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom