Laugh of the Day - 5.25" Floppy (1 Viewer)

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:58
It might actually be fun to jump back into 6502 assembly language. I remembered that I developed a way (with interrupts) to split the screen (top part graphics, bottom part text). This mirrored the Apple II setup that Sierra On-Line was using for there adventure games at the time. Simple graphics at the top part of the screen and you would type in your commands at the bottom part of the screen (i.e., Get Rock).

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 04:58
It might actually be fun to jump back into 6502 assembly language. I remembered that I developed a way (with interrupts) to split the screen (top part graphics, bottom part text). This mirrored the Apple II setup that Sierra On-Line was using for there adventure games at the time. Simple graphics at the top part of the screen and you would type in your commands at the bottom part of the screen (i.e., Get Rock).
Funny that you would say that. Coincidentally, I ran across this today.

Going Retro with an Altair 8800 Emulator: Introducing the Altair-Duino

Chris: You can find the Altair-Duino kit as well as the Kenbak-1 kit on my website: adwaterandstir.com. I’m also working on other kits. Right now I’ve been working on an Apple I replica. I know there are several other Apple I replicas out there, but I really wanted to learn more about Steve Wozniak’s achievement, and designing my own was the best way I knew how!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:58
For my money, a Motorola 6800 series was the best of the microchip architectures at the time. The company for which I became a manager of tech in-house support services worked with several chips including the 8008, 6502, and 6800. We chose the 6800 as having the best overall architecture for our remote data concentrator units. We eventually switched to the M68000, which was a truly phenomenal chip. We could do damned near anything with it in terms of local device control. It was a delight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom