String - Concatenate Variable Data (1 Viewer)

JohnPeasley

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:59
I have to create a string either in a query or on a form (which hopefully can update a query). There is one numeric constant (1234) and another figure that comes from the input spreadsheet (Office -WXYZ) and in between them three variables.
My big dilemma is that some branches have a “W” in the string, while others use an alpha designator based on the fiscal month to create an account number. I haven’t been able to figure out how to concatenate the data, when the Alpha is variable based on the office. I have a table that lists all the offices and could add a field for the alpha, but month to month how can I use the monthly alpha designator since that changes and a “W” for some branches, which does not change?

Bank - 1234 (Constant)
Branch Alpha - either a "W" or an alpha month identifier depends on Office
Year - 7 (Another variable currently using input spreadsheet)
Teller Initial - K in Example Below (Another variable currently using input spreadsheet)
Office - WXYZ (Spreadsheet)

Example
1234W7KWXYZ or 1234H7KWXYZ (H is month identifier for May)

Last edited:

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:59
You haven't really described where you are having a problem. What do the different strings look like separately and why are you having a problem putting them together?

JohnPeasley

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks. I was making it more difficult than it is. I created another query and used an IIf statement.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
And now it is solved?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom