Auto number Issue (1 Viewer)

Dhanu

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:36
Dear all,

first, I have to tell that I know only the basic fundamentals of access.

I have created a basic access form to enter my client's data and their contact details. so there are two tables. When a client comes I have to enter his details in the main form and I have to enter the service why they came to me in the subform.
now my question is, ones I put their details to the form if they come again after a few months later how can I update same profile since CLIENTE ID field is auto number. because I want one profile and multiple contracts.

pls, refer attached picture.

Attachments

• Access error01.png
    Access error01.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 121

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:36
Hi. Not sure I understand the question. If the same customer returns after a few months, which information did you want to update/change, for example?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:36
did you have the ClientID field in your subform table (contact detail table)?
if not add a ClienteID field, number.
edit this contact detail table and fill ClienteID with the correct ClienteID from your client table.
on design view of your form (and subform), click on the the Boarder of the subform.
on it's Property->Data:
Link Master Fields:[ClienteID]
Link Child Fields:[ClienteID]

Dhanu

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. Not sure I understand the question. If the same customer returns after a few months, which information did you want to update/change, for example?

hi, thanks for the prompt reply. I want to update(contrattoid,TIPOLOGIA DELLA PRATICA, data di accettazione, data diconsegna, Pagato). because I want one customer multiple contracts. but the thing is I need an option to modify the same customer profile without duplicating the main customer profile. (EX: let's think one person came to me for work and I created a new profile and finish his work.againg he came to do another work. at this time I want to submit his new work in my system without creating a profile because I already created a profile for him).i don't understand how to create a button or option to select his existing profile in the system and only create a new contact and need to print it as an invoice.

thanks.

Dhanu

Registered User.
Local time
did you have the ClientID field in your subform table (contact detail table)?
if not add a ClienteID field, number.
edit this contact detail table and fill ClienteID with the correct ClienteID from your client table.
on design view of your form (and subform), click on the the Boarder of the subform.
on it's Property->Data:
Link Master Fields:[ClienteID]
Link Child Fields:[ClienteID]

hi my friend, happy to hear from you again.

I did as you advised me. but still, I couldn't understand how to create a new contract without duplicating the main CLIENTE ID

let's think one person came to me for work and I created a new profile and finish his work.againg he came to do another work. at this time I want to submit his new work in my system without creating a profile because I already created a profile for him).i don't understand how to create a button or option to select his existing profile in the system and only create a new contact and need to print it as an invoice.

thanks again you helped me a lot.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 19:36
i don't understand how to create a button or option to select his existing profile in the system and only create a new contact and need to print it as an invoice.

thanks.
You can do this with a combo box which lists all your clients.
Once a selection is made, code in the the After Update event of the combo box will find the appropriate record.

The best news is that you can do this while the form is in design mode by creating the combo box with the wizzard.

Dhanu

Registered User.
Local time
You can do this with a combo box which lists all your clients.
Once a selection is made, code in the the After Update event of the combo box will find the appropriate record.

The best news is that you can do this while the form is in design mode by creating the combo box with the wizzard.

ok i will do it. thanks

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:36
A control used to enter/select search criteria must be UNBOUND. The wizard should build the control and its code properly.

Do you want macro or VBA?

Dhanu

Registered User.
Local time
A control used to enter/select search criteria must be UNBOUND. The wizard should build the control and its code properly.

Do you want macro or VBA?

hi thanks for replying me. I'm gonna create a combo box. I think it is the easiest way. because of macro or VBA advance for me. I don't know where to put those codes.

thanks again.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:36
hi thanks for replying me. I'm gonna create a combo box. I think it is the easiest way. because of macro or VBA advance for me. I don't know where to put those codes.

thanks again.
Hi. When you do this, select the third choice from the Wizard prompt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom