Combos, text boxes and table ?? (1 Viewer)

honey2wood

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:00
Hi,
This is probably a really simple request but I have spent hours looking for a solution. I have a form with a combo box. The first column of the combo is captured on a table. There are other columns which I am displaying on the form as text boxes but I need the results of the text boxes on the table as well. I have tried me.textbox = me.field but it does not work (I was grabbing at straws.) Have tried versions of insert into but not really understanding what I am doing. Can anyone spare a bit of time please.
Cheers Graham

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:00
Hi Graham,

Where are the information in the other columns coming from? If another table, then you don’t need to store them again in yet another table. This is against the Normalization principles. You can always use a query to retrieve those extra information.

honey2wood

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:00
Hi theDBGuy,
Thanks for getting back to me. The form is for collecting information for training courses. The combo box is from a table that has the list of possible courses with number Description and issue no. The number is saved to a table that is used to produce a training record along with other information. I need to display all three columns in on the TR but I cant.
Does that make sense?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:00
Hi,

Yes, you can use a query to combine all relevant tables to display all the data you need for the TR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom